Turn on thread page Beta

Aqa psychology a level paper 1,2 and 3 predictions 2018???? watch

ReputationRep:
    Paper 1 - Memory, Attachment, Psychopathology, Social Influence
    Paper 2 - Approaches, Research methods, Biopsychology
    Paper 3 - Gender, Forensics, Schizophrenia and Issues and debates (this was my college's choice)

Any one got any ideas for predictions of 16 markers for each paper/topic?
    Any one know what came up last year and thinks it won't this year?
    (This is just a debate I'm not actually going to base my revision about what people say, just interested!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous2819)
    Paper 3 - Gender, Forensics, Schizophrenia and Issues and debates (this was my college's choice)

(This is just a debate I'm not actually going to base my revision about what people say, just interested!)

I'm just replying so i don't miss the predictions, don't mind me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous2819)

My teacher thinks a 16 marker will be on attachment - Romania Orphan Studies
    Not sure about anything else...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minivampire)
    My teacher thinks a 16 marker will be on attachment - Romania Orphan Studies
    Not sure about anything else...
    I don't think it will be because there has already been a 16 marker on the Romanian Orphanage Studies in previous years

I don't know why she would tell you that

ReputationRep:
    my teacher thinks depression will definitely come up as it didn’t come up in as or a2 exams last year
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    there could be a 16 marker on exogenous zeitgebers

ReputationRep:
    Animal studies might come as well...

ReputationRep:
    Last year's paper 1 had 16 markers in memory (misleading info) and psychopathology (definitions)...could ask us about animal studies/influence of early attachment on later relationships

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joseph9299)
    there could be a 16 marker on exogenous zeitgebers
    absolutely despise this topic, how would you go bout answering it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemoncow)
    absolutely despise this topic, how would you go bout answering it?
    An important influence on biological rhythms is exogenous zeitgeber. These can be described as environmental events that are responsible for en-training the biological clock of an organisms. They can involve social cues e.g. meal times, social activities but most important zeitgeber is light which is responsible for resetting body clock each day keeping it on a 24-hour cycle. Melanopsin is a protein in the eye which is sensitive to light and carries signals to the SCN to set daily body cycle.

^Just brief outline, you'll have to add more if it's a 16m
    Evaluation include:
    Environmentally reductionist
    Support for exogenous zeitgebers e.g. Siffre staying underground, believed the date was a month earlier than it is. Suggests that his 42hr sleep wake cycle was increased by lack of exogenous zeitgebers showing impact of such factors on the bodily rhythms.

It's probably best to learn endogenous pacemakers as well!

ReputationRep:
    My teacher told me that minority influence could be on it, whether its a 16 marker or not I'm not sure

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what came up in the AS psychology paper that they did today? We could base predictions on that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovelybow)
    Does anyone know what came up in the AS psychology paper that they did today? We could base predictions on that.
    Zimbardo, social change, cognitive interview, cultural variations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelic Charm)
    An important influence on biological rhythms is exogenous zeitgeber. These can be described as environmental events that are responsible for en-training the biological clock of an organisms. They can involve social cues e.g. meal times, social activities but most important zeitgeber is light which is responsible for resetting body clock each day keeping it on a 24-hour cycle. Melanopsin is a protein in the eye which is sensitive to light and carries signals to the SCN to set daily body cycle.

^Just brief outline, you'll have to add more if it's a 16m
    Evaluation include:
    Environmentally reductionist
    Support for exogenous zeitgebers e.g. Siffre staying underground, believed the date was a month earlier than it is. Suggests that his 42hr sleep wake cycle was increased by lack of exogenous zeitgebers showing impact of such factors on the bodily rhythms.

It's probably best to learn endogenous pacemakers as well!
    Thanks for this! how are you getting on with the rest of the content? I still have a sh*tload of content to cover :/ - the evals are killing me

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for this! how are you getting on with the rest of the content? I still have a sh*tload of content to cover :/ - the evals are killing me
    You're welcome, and don't worry I'm in the same position haha. I've done paper 1, whether I remember anything is another problem. Currently doing paper 2 biopsychology and then I'll be done apart from research methods and paper 3 D:. Still need to revise my other subjects though, but so little time lolol.

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome, and don't worry I'm in the same position haha. I've done paper 1, whether I remember anything is another problem. Currently doing paper 2 biopsychology and then I'll be done apart from research methods and paper 3 D:. Still need to revise my other subjects though, but so little time lolol.
    I feel you. I regret leaving my revision so late especially since I take 2 other essay based subjects :/ fml

ReputationRep:
    I feel you. I regret leaving my revision so late especially since I take 2 other essay based subjects :/ fml
    Naw I'm sure you'll be fine, what other subjects do you take?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovelybow)
    I know there was a 12 marker on cultural variations in attachment

ReputationRep:
    Naw I'm sure you'll be fine, what other subjects do you take?
    Media and English where the content is basically 80% theories. as if the psych theories weren't enough. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Media and English where the content is basically 80% theories. as if the psych theories weren't enough. How about you?
    Best of luck on your exams! I take Economics and IT

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 17, 2018
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.