Turn on thread page Beta

AQA AS Chemistry Paper 1 & Paper 2 2018 Predictions? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've got a question for everyone who does A-Level Chemistry. Can you guys predict what's possibly going to come up this year's AQA AS Chemistry Paper 1 & Paper 2 2018.

I think like bonding, amount of substances, and half equations would come up as they do come up for every paper that was released.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyBoyLuxio)
    I've got a question for everyone who does A-Level Chemistry. Can you guys predict what's possibly going to come up this year's AQA AS Chemistry Paper 1 & Paper 2 2018.

I think like bonding, amount of substances, and half equations would come up as they do come up for every paper that was released.
    I think Mass spectrometry will definetly come up

ReputationRep:
    maybe the titration practical as well

ReputationRep:
    In almost every paper, there is a titration calculation question. So I expect one will make an appearance! They are usually 3/4 markers as well which is pretty decent

ReputationRep:
    No one has really been part of these discussions this year

Good luck on the exam

ReputationRep:
    How’d you guys find the paper? I thought it was really hard with only a few decent questions ☹️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niimbus)
    How’d you guys find the paper? I thought it was really hard with only a few decent questions ☹️
    It was awful could only do like 3 of the questions and nothing we had actually learnt this year was even on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sairamadoodo)
    It was awful could only do like 3 of the questions and nothing we had actually learnt this year was even on it
    Do you remember what you put for the graph on what time it had reached equilibrium?
    Paper 1 is generally always way harder than paper 2 so don’t worry too much.

ReputationRep:
    Do you remember what you put for the graph on what time it had reached equilibrium?
    Oh I put 2 minutes (it said to round to the nearest minute) and I said that's because that's where both curves cross ?? Did you get anything like that

ReputationRep:
    What topics came up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sairamadoodo)
    Oh I put 2 minutes (it said to round to the nearest minute) and I said that's because that's where both curves cross ?? Did you get anything like that
    Crap I put 1.9 I forgot to round it ☹️ For the reason I put because that is where both the concentrations are the same so I don’t think I would get the mark

ReputationRep:
    I thought the paper went better than expected... both me and my fried got 3 minutes

ReputationRep:
    I put 3 because that’s when both conc stopped changing??

ReputationRep:
    Can someone make an unofficial markscheme please and I got 3 minutes because that’s when the concentration was constant and that’s a factor of dynamic equilibrium. For the crucible one I got x is 2.89

ReputationRep:
    Crap I put 1.9 I forgot to round it ☹️ For the reason I put because that is where both the concentrations are the same so I don’t think I would get the mark
    Ahhh that's so annoying :/ Don't worry you might still be able to get a mark for your explanation i'm pretty sure that's right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jadeeee2000)
    I put 3 because that’s when both conc stopped changing??
    ohh that makes sense omg I got that wrong too wow. It didn't say equilibrium in the question so I didn't think of that straight away

ReputationRep:
    I found it dreadful. Not only was the maths bad, but it seemed like I was super pressed for time unlike other past papers I have done. I will be lucky if I even manage an E at this point.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superduperbex)
    I found it dreadful. Not only was the maths bad, but it seemed like I was super pressed for time unlike other past papers I have done. I will be lucky if I even manage an E at this point.
    I feel you

ReputationRep:
    What topics came up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Water)
    What topics came up?
    Toothpaste pretty much

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 25, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.