mariax__x
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
in any essay question related to the charge of the light brigade, will writing about the similar verse from the lords prayer increase my mark??
peeked
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I guess you could say, ‘this is a biblical reference too ...’ and then the effect. I wouldn’t go into too much detail but just that is fine.
mariax__x
Rep:
?
(Original post by peeked)
I guess you could say, ‘this is a biblical reference too ...’ and then the effect. I wouldn’t go into too much detail but just that is fine.
i was thinking the reference to the lords prayer shows the importance of the light brigade. is that fine??
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Are you doing AQA Power and Conflict?
mariax__x
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Are you doing AQA Power and Conflict?
yes i am x
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mariax__x)
yes i am x
Last year's poem was Bayonet Charge and the question was on how the effects of war are presented. So Charge of the Light Brigade probably saw a lot of use last year. It could be a fairly different question this year, if I were in your position I'd be focusing on the less war-focused poems.
Lumos_
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Last year's poem was Bayonet Charge and the question was on how the effects of war are presented. So Charge of the Light Brigade probably saw a lot of use last year. It could be a fairly different question this year, if I were in your position I'd be focusing on the less war-focused poems.
yeah this is probably correct, I used Charge of the Light Brigade to compare to Bayonet Charge last year and many of my friends did as well so it's likely it'll be a 'Power' focused question instead of a 'Conflict' focused question like it was last year - something like Prelude or Ozymandias would be likely.

Disclaimer: these are all educated guesses
mariax__x
Rep:
?
i thought last year it was exposure, thank you for letting me know i will focus on the power poems !! x
mariax__x
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lumos_)
yeah this is probably correct, I used Charge of the Light Brigade to compare to Bayonet Charge last year and many of my friends did as well so it's likely it'll be a 'Power' focused question instead of a 'Conflict' focused question like it was last year - something like Prelude or Ozymandias would be likely.

Disclaimer: these are all educated guesses
can you to tell me all the poems to do with power? like can emigree be power as it can be about power of authority
Lumos_
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
can you to tell me all the poems to do with power? like can emigree be power as it can be about power of authority
Disclaimer: still revise all of them but these are the ones I would say are 'Power' poems. I'm a little rusty as I did this a year ago, but these are the ones I can remember being most about 'Power' and my basic reasoning.

Ozymandias (power/effects of time and how power is finite)
London (power of authority and the misuse of it by the ruling class/lack of power for the working class)
Prelude (power of nature compared to humans)
My Last Duchess (power of a man over a woman)
Tissue (hated this one coz I never really got it, but I'd say its more power than conflict)
Checking Out Me History (power of colonialism over his culture and now his power of reclaiming his heritage)
Lumos_
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
in any essay question related to the charge of the light brigade, will writing about the similar verse from the lords prayer increase my mark??
how did it go? was it a power poem in the end?
mariax__x
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Lumos_)
how did it go? was it a power poem in the end?
the given poem in the exam was Ozymandias and i compared it to London, so yeah power came up
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (27)
71.05%
No (11)
28.95%

Watched Threads