Physics A Level is so damn hard! Tips on how to revise??

Watch
akash3141
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm doing AQA board and I need at least an A.

I find the applied parts of physics so HARD ffs. Like the content learning, for example, particle physics and materials is in AS physics is OK but the applied parts like magnetic fields, waves, electricity IS SO HARD. I'm shaking at the thought of the practical exam too. I'm having the same problem with M1 Mechanics too which makes me think I suck at this stuff because i'm targeting high 90's in the rest of the maths modules but i'd take 80 UMS in M1.

Can people predicted A or A*, and are confident on achieving those grades please share how they are revising? It would mean A LOT to me. Thanks...
Ladkus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do questions from other specs just bear in mind that not everything is in the AQA spec. Try the CIE paper 4 papers on PMT, they are quite challenging
akash3141
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Ladkus)
Do questions from other specs just bear in mind that not everything is in the AQA spec. Try the CIE paper 4 papers on PMT, they are quite challenging
But i'm having a problem in doing even the questions in the AQA textbook. I don't think i'd be capable of doing a more challenging spec, lol.
Chooxuanwing
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just keep doing past years, most of the time the questions might scare you but the concept behind it is what you've learnt. Sometimes you might even come across new stuff in the past years, you can refer to the mark scheme to try and understand and learn new principles from there. Once you're used to the format in the past years, your exam would be quite smooth sailing
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was having a **** time with the electricity chapters. I went and redid all the summary questions from chapters 12 and 13. I'm way better at those chapters now.
Don't skip questions - read over your notes, and the textbook info until you fully understand the answer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (189)
43.65%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.32%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.62%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
21.02%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.62%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.77%

Watched Threads