The Student Room Group

possible overdose!

I had 2 capsules of “LEMSIP MAX cold & flu with Decongestant and 3-4hours later took 2 capsules then 30minutes later another 2 capsules completely forgetting i already took two not long ago(dont ask how i forgot cause i dont know either) it contains paracetamol and is 500mg. Will this cause an overdose or will anything bad happen? Because i really have no idea. Please help !
No, you’ll be fine just don’t take anymore for 8 hours. It’s 2 tablets every 4 hours and there’s not enough paracetamol to cause an OD in 4 tablets. It’s only if you have he whole box
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Unixees15
I had 2 capsules of “LEMSIP MAX cold & flu with Decongestant and 3-4hours later took 2 capsules then 30minutes later another 2 capsules completely forgetting i already took two not long ago(dont ask how i forgot cause i dont know either) it contains paracetamol and is 500mg. Will this cause an overdose or will anything bad happen? Because i really have no idea. Please help !

Call a pharmacy to check. It is technically an overdose cos it's more than the stated dose, but given it wasn't much I expect it's no big deal. They might suggest you skip your next dose or take it later though.
If you do start to feel unwell though (past whyever you're taking them) I would stop taking them until you can talk to somebody (like 111 or GP) just to be safe.

Quick Reply

Latest