driver's licence

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So i'm trying to fill out my first driver's licence form and I'm a bit confused. if I provide a passport number to verify my identity then do I still need someone to sign the back of my photo or can I just put the passport nunber?

thanks in advance
Zechs
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am pretty sure there is a signature signing section in the driving licence form.

Though I do not recall a passport number being asked when I did it, if it asks you do it.

I do not think you have to sign the back of the photo either unless asked, sign in the signing section given.
Little Tail Chaser
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you have an in-date passport then somebody has to have confirmed your identity when you got that.

Since you can use the info from your passport, your identity has essentially already been confirmed. I didn't need to have anyone else approve my driving license application, I just used my passport number.
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just tagging IWMTom to help you with this.

AngryJellyfish C&M please.
OwlOfFire
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think they can get your photo via your passport if you are planning on using the same one. When I filled out my form I gave them permission to use my passport photo and therefore never sent them a photo of me. If you want to use a different photo to that of your passport, I think you may have to get someone to sign the back to prove that the photo looks like you.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So i'm trying to fill out my first driver's licence form and I'm a bit confused. if I provide a passport number to verify my identity then do I still need someone to sign the back of my photo or can I just put the passport nunber?

thanks in advance
Are you filling out the paper form? You'll need to provide a photo, but it doesn't need to be countersigned.

If you do it online, not only will you save money and time, but you won't even need to provide a photograph (assuming your current passport photograph is reasonably recent).
username2817576
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i'm doing it paper form because I have to wear glasses when driving and when I tried to apply online it wouldn't let me.

so if I provide a passport number I will not have to get the photo signed right?

also thanks for answering!
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Kayeen)
i'm doing it paper form because I have to wear glasses when driving and when I tried to apply online it wouldn't let me.

so if I provide a passport number I will not have to get the photo signed right?

also thanks for answering!
Yes, that's right.
username2817576
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
Yes, that's right.
thank you once again!
ohhello92x
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

thanks in advance
When I had to apply for the provisional, I gave them my passport number. I also had someone countersign the form/picture I provided.

This was like 8 years ago though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (535)
34.01%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (648)
41.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (318)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.58%

Watched Threads