The Student Room Group

English Lit degree courses with a focus on international/ postcolonial literature

Hey, i'm in year 12 looking at doing english literature at uni but i'm not sure which one. I want a course that has a fair amount of focus on postcolonial or 'international' themed literature. I know most universities study postcolonial literature in 3rd or 4th year but as far as i've looked thats it.
SOAS english course looks really good for this but i was wondering if anyone knows any other Uni's that offer a similar course.
Original post by orlagalbraith
Hey, i'm in year 12 looking at doing english literature at uni but i'm not sure which one. I want a course that has a fair amount of focus on postcolonial or 'international' themed literature. I know most universities study postcolonial literature in 3rd or 4th year but as far as i've looked thats it.
SOAS english course looks really good for this but i was wondering if anyone knows any other Uni's that offer a similar course.

Hi! I'm a 3rd year student at the university of York studying English and Related Literature and I cannot recommend it enough. HERE is a link to the current degree structure! There is a huge amount of flexibility so you can take as many postcolonial and global modules as you want whilst still getting a broad knowledge of all of the essential themes and theories. Right from the first year you take a module called a world of literature which I think you'd be really interested in, and in your second year you can take a module which is either fully in translation, partly translated, or fully in the original language. I absolutely love the university and city and there are loads of opportunities to study and travel if that's something you'd be interested in?

Let me know if you have any questions!
This sounds amazing thank you so much! I’ll check it out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending