Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been working hard all year - I worked hard for my December mocks, worked again right through to my March mocks and am now working towards the exams. This past week I've been finding it so hard to be energised and motivated, keep on task and focused and I've been feeling a scary kind of fatigue that sleep can't fix (I guess one would call it an emotional fatigue?). I'm worried that I'm going to lose my motivation and strength when it really matters as we are coming close to exams and while I've been allowing myself breaks to stay healthy and energised between studying, I've been feeling guilty as if I should have been studying in that time used to restore. I could really use some support or advice.

Much love

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nakash)
    I've been working hard all year - I worked hard for my December mocks, worked again right through to my March mocks and am now working towards the exams. This past week I've been finding it so hard to be energised and motivated, keep on task and focused and I've been feeling a scary kind of fatigue that sleep can't fix (I guess one would call it an emotional fatigue?). I'm worried that I'm going to lose my motivation and strength when it really matters as we are coming close to exams and while I've been allowing myself breaks to stay healthy and energised between studying, I've been feeling guilty as if I should have been studying in that time used to restore. I could really use some support or advice.

Much love
    Hey there. It feels like you've already put in a lot of effort into studying etc. so I'd say take it slow. I think your feeling tired cuz your forcing your brain to concentrate 24/7 but you should allow your brain time to zone off. So continue revising but don't completely force yourself to study for long periods of time especially if you feel super tired after a while.

Other than that Im sure you'll be fine during exams. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nakash)

Much love
    Hi,

Feeling stressed and tired is a common for many people at this time of year, however as Anika said above you have just got to slow down and take breaks (go for walks, listen to music, baths etc) in order for your brain to relax and help process all the information. If you have been working hard, then you will remember things and do really well!

So just stay calm, give yourself breaks and try and keep a positive mindset even when you feel exhausted!
    Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Dear Anika,

It's nice to hear someone say that; sometimes my school is particularly hard on us and they make us feel like we are not doing enough, so it is really comforting to hear this! Today was better because I took my biology flashcards to my friend's house and we tested each other on the whole of paper one in the sunshine which meant I had fun and got some revision done. Thank-you, again
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Dear Wirefox,

Thank-you for the advice, I'll try and remember all the work I've done towards this and that I am not lazy for taking a break
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.