topnotchgooner
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm sitting A Level Maths with Edexcel, resitting C1 C2 and S1, as well as doing C3, C4 and D1, but have no idea as to what formulas I need to know that aren't given in the formula book. For those who don't have it, here is the link, this will be the ink folder given to you at the start of every Edexcel A Level Maths exam: https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...20Book_Web.pdf
Hopefully someone has some notes or knows where to find them!
Thanks in advance!
BTAnonymous
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
look at your specification.
topnotchgooner
Rep:
?
(Original post by BTAnonymous)
look at your specification.
Have mate, there's no list of just formulas to know/learn
BTAnonymous
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by topnotchgooner)
Have mate, there's no list of just formulas to know/learn
Damn that's bad of them.

Have you got a revision guide or textbook you can use?

I'd go through each unit and make note of all formulas then see if they're on the equation sheet. Big task but probably the best option atm unless someone has a list.
topnotchgooner
Rep:
?
(Original post by BTAnonymous)
Damn that's bad of them.

Have you got a revision guide or textbook you can use?

I'd go through each unit and make note of all formulas then see if they're on the equation sheet. Big task but probably the best option atm unless someone has a list.
Yeah I'm going through the text book, but I have 4 and 2 of them are about 450 pages long :bawling: oh well.
BTAnonymous
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah I'm going through the text book, but I have 4 and 2 of them are about 450 pages long :bawling: oh well.
I'm doing AQA but for C3, the only formulas I need to know are  1 + cot^{2}x = cosec^{2}x ,  tan^{2}x + 1 = sec^{2}x and the volume of revolution equations which are easy to remember.

For C4, it's the addition formulas, double angle formulas, R addition formulas and the scalar product.

EDIT: only need to know R addition!
username2752874
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm sitting A Level Maths with Edexcel, resitting C1 C2 and S1, as well as doing C3, C4 and D1, but have no idea as to what formulas I need to know that aren't given in the formula book. For those who don't have it, here is the link, this will be the ink folder given to you at the start of every Edexcel A Level Maths exam: https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...20Book_Web.pdf
Hopefully someone has some notes or knows where to find them!
Thanks in advance!
Have to know vector scalar product, when it = 0 that the lines are perpendicular, how to calculate the angle as well.

Coordinate geometry formulas from C1 - condition for lines to be perpendicular, equation of line in the form y-y1 = m(x-x1) etc

Derivatives and Integrals (if you want to count them as formulas). You need to know the chain and product rule, I believe the formula for quotient rule is given

Otherwise, that's everything.

I do WJEC btw, but I doubt it would be different

for S1, everything is usually on the sheet
topnotchgooner
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kyber Ninja)
Have to know vector scalar product, when it = 0 that the lines are perpendicular, how to calculate the angle as well.

Coordinate geometry formulas from C1 - condition for lines to be perpendicular, equation of line in the form y-y1 = m(x-x1) etc

Derivatives and Integrals (if you want to count them as formulas). You need to know the chain and product rule, I believe the formula for quotient rule is given

Otherwise, that's everything.

I do WJEC btw, but I doubt it would be different

for S1, everything is usually on the sheet
Cheers man! Better start making notes then aha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Course Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 2 Feb '20
  • University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day 5 February 2020, 11:00-15:00 (UK time) Postgraduate
    Wed, 5 Feb '20

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (78)
36.45%
I really love the subject (57)
26.64%
I don't know what else to do (27)
12.62%
I can't get a job (15)
7.01%
My parents want me to (5)
2.34%
I don't know... I just do (32)
14.95%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise