The Student Room Group

I'm so insecure- Advice please.

At 13 I was popular and fell into the trap of dating a new guy every other week, but they never lasted. I was confident then though. I talked to a guy from 13-14 as 'friends' but sometimes we would hook up. At 15 we we're officially dating but he was 19 and i found out he had been seeing another girl all of that time, they were engaged and had a 6 month old baby. I was mortified. Ii started to get a lot of female attention at this point too... I kissed a guy at a party and he said he liked me but i hated men by this point so said no to dating him. At 16 i started college and liked a guy but i was the total opposite of his type BUT, 3 months later he 'changed his mind' and said he suddenly fancied me, i thought he was lying for a joke because his best friend hated me. At 17/18 we did develop a bond and we were practically attatched at the hip in college but he never asked for my number and he didn't use social media. He complimented me all day every day and told me he wanted to get married and have kids, he was best friends with hsi ex wh was exactly his type but i trusted him 100%. His friend said it was becase he was s hy he didn't dare ask but I'm too insecure to make the first move myself. After 5 years he left and i haven't seen him since. At 19 i was taking to 4 guys looking for attention- maybe a casual relationship, but all my friends were having children and getting married so i wanted something more serious. I've spent the last 2 years mad in love with some guy i can't ever date because It turns out his gf is somebody i know and they had been secretly dating for over a year on and off.
I'm lonley. I feel like nobody has ever loved me or wanted to date me, but there has been loads. I'm the annoying girl who complains about been single but says no to everyone who asks. I have bautiful friends who have never dated or been kissed. I feel ugly and i guess i act like this because i am desperate and insecure. I'm so jealous of all my friends daating right now. I've lost my confidence and think everybody can do better than me. I have 1 friend just out of an 8 year relationship, one who has had her first bf at 24 and got pregnant straight away and loads who are just starting to date. I'm single but don't want to fall back into the habbit of dating for the sake of saying i'm not single. I want something meaningful. I have issues i guess, anybody else like this?
kind of brought this on yourself

don't be a slut next time :smile:
Original post by Ray_Shadows

lmao
Original post by Anonymous
At 13 I was popular and fell into the trap of dating a new guy every other week, but they never lasted. I was confident then though. I talked to a guy from 13-14 as 'friends' but sometimes we would hook up. At 15 we we're officially dating but he was 19 and i found out he had been seeing another girl all of that time, they were engaged and had a 6 month old baby. I was mortified. Ii started to get a lot of female attention at this point too... I kissed a guy at a party and he said he liked me but i hated men by this point so said no to dating him. At 16 i started college and liked a guy but i was the total opposite of his type BUT, 3 months later he 'changed his mind' and said he suddenly fancied me, i thought he was lying for a joke because his best friend hated me. At 17/18 we did develop a bond and we were practically attatched at the hip in college but he never asked for my number and he didn't use social media. He complimented me all day every day and told me he wanted to get married and have kids, he was best friends with hsi ex wh was exactly his type but i trusted him 100%. His friend said it was becase he was s hy he didn't dare ask but I'm too insecure to make the first move myself. After 5 years he left and i haven't seen him since. At 19 i was taking to 4 guys looking for attention- maybe a casual relationship, but all my friends were having children and getting married so i wanted something more serious. I've spent the last 2 years mad in love with some guy i can't ever date because It turns out his gf is somebody i know and they had been secretly dating for over a year on and off.
I'm lonley. I feel like nobody has ever loved me or wanted to date me, but there has been loads. I'm the annoying girl who complains about been single but says no to everyone who asks. I have bautiful friends who have never dated or been kissed. I feel ugly and i guess i act like this because i am desperate and insecure. I'm so jealous of all my friends daating right now. I've lost my confidence and think everybody can do better than me. I have 1 friend just out of an 8 year relationship, one who has had her first bf at 24 and got pregnant straight away and loads who are just starting to date. I'm single but don't want to fall back into the habbit of dating for the sake of saying i'm not single. I want something meaningful. I have issues i guess, anybody else like this?

Try not to compare yourself to others. Accept you made bad decisions in the past and learn from your mistakes. Try not to put pressure on yourself to find someone. Learn to love yourself as cheesy as it sounds.
Original post by Ray_Shadows

right you are. Harsh but true. No one likes a tart, that's just the way it is. Who would marry a girl who'd been doing the rounds since they hit puberty? :biggrin: lol gtfo

Keep sleeping around like a ratch or find someone who's willing to look past your extensive history. That's all you can do at this point. Best be honest and upfront about the miles on your voo-voo so any potential partner doesn't panic-dump you upon realising they're dating the *ahem* "town bike"

You had your fun, you rode the c*ck carousel, you're about to hit the wall, now it's time to pay your dues. It's time to go ring hunting! The clock is ticking. Obviously I'm taking the piss but you need to drastically change you mindset and have some self respect before it's too late

I don't feel sorry for you tbh but good luck anyway
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous

(ignore the nasty comments on here).

I'd say forget all about dating or going out with anyone. It isn't 'everything'. If I was you I'd just focus on myself for a while and get to know what I enjoy doing, what hobbies or sports I could do and enjoy. Join a singing group, join up for some evening classes, learn to scubadive, go on an adventure holiday, do things that make you happy and of you don't know what that is start finding out. Become fulfilled in your own life first before you hook up with someone else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending