How do I link this experience to my personal statement? Watch

MTA005
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi! I'm applying for MSc Molecular Microbiology, and I am in my last year of Biomedical science.

For my final year research project I studied ROS production in monocytes/ macrophages and monocyte migration in atherosclerosis.
I know it's very different from microbiology lol but is there any way I can link my experiences from that project to studying the masters? (I didn't know what to do with my life and decided on microbiology very late into my degree)

The masters degree is basically studying microorganisms; infection and immunity; gene expression and regulation etc.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!!!
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MTA005)
Hi! I'm applying for MSc Molecular Microbiology, and I am in my last year of Biomedical science.

For my final year research project I studied ROS production in monocytes/ macrophages and monocyte migration in atherosclerosis.
I know it's very different from microbiology lol but is there any way I can link my experiences from that project to studying the masters? (I didn't know what to do with my life and decided on microbiology very late into my degree)

The masters degree is basically studying microorganisms; infection and immunity; gene expression and regulation etc.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!!!
Infection and immunity and gene regulation are basic biological concepts which you can talk about from your project. You can also talk about techniques you learnt which will be relevant and the experience of working in a research environment.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

What are your favourite crisps?