Which poem will come this year in English lit aqa anthology

Watch
Crxssend
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Heyyy, so my gcse English lit is v soon!!!
So all our teachers at school are saying apparently ‘London’ will come up this year by William Blake... what are your thoughts on this? Do you think it’s true? Have you heard anything about this?
mariax__x
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i thought my last duchess might come as its a power poem
Toastiekid
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Crxssend)
Heyyy, so my gcse English lit is v soon!!!
So all our teachers at school are saying apparently ‘London’ will come up this year by William Blake... what are your thoughts on this? Do you think it’s true? Have you heard anything about this?
:cry: my teachers haven’t predicted anything though I saw a thread on here a few weeks ago with quite a few guesses...:dontknow:
Crxssend
Rep:
?
(Original post by Toastiekid)
:cry: my teachers haven’t predicted anything though I saw a thread on here a few weeks ago with quite a few guesses...:dontknow:
Do you think it’ll be London?
username2899906
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My teacher randomly went back through London last week. I think he thinks it will be as well.
Crxssend
Rep:
?
(Original post by Goldfish4343)
My teacher randomly went back through London last week. I think he thinks it will be as well.
Thanks! I really hope soooo
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you think it’ll be London?
Why do you think it’ll be London?
I mean I’ll still go through all of them but I suppose it’s not come up on the spec papers or last year/nov series papers
Crxssend
Rep:
?
Why do you think it’ll be London?
I mean I’ll still go through all of them but I suppose it’s not come up on the spec papers or last year/nov series papers
There’s this YouTube channel and the guy is called mrbruff and last year he predicted the poem the day before so keep checking his page! And idk last year my teachers predicted what was to come up on the paper and the year before and they got it all right - this year they are saying it’ll be london so I’m gonna analysis it carefully
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There’s this YouTube channel and the guy is called mrbruff and last year he predicted the poem the day before so keep checking his page! And idk last year my teachers predicted what was to come up on the paper and the year before and they got it all right - this year they are saying it’ll be london so I’m gonna analysis it carefully
I swear mr bruff said he’s not predicting them anymore?...I’m sure he had a video on it.
That’s so great of your teachers, mine don’t bother:yawn:
Which poem would you compare London to?
leanoreay
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I swear mr bruff said he’s not predicting them anymore?...I’m sure he had a video on it.
maybe remains, to show the long term effects of conflict and the negative emotions in the poems
Crxssend
Rep:
?
No way did he say that wtfff! I need him to predict this years😩😩😩 I would compare London to checking out mr history with the power of humans and inequality... or with exposure through the concept of loss and absence
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by leanoreay)
maybe remains, to show the long term effects of conflict and the negative emotions in the poems
good idea:thumbsup:
just prays it’s not tissue
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No way did he say that wtfff! I need him to predict this years😩😩😩 I would compare London to checking out mr history with the power of humans and inequality... or with exposure through the concept of loss and absence
:hugs: it’ll be alright
On this website (https://www.carshaltonboys.org/_site...025C60DDA1.pdf) they compare London with storm on the island for the theme of power!
leanoreay
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i swear if it is tissue.... all of my year will fail without a doubt, we never actually looked at it in class
Crxssend
Rep:
?
:hugs: it’ll be alright
On this website (https://www.carshaltonboys.org/_site...025C60DDA1.pdf) they compare London with storm on the island for the theme of power!
Oo that’s a shout thanks! I have this really helpful photo; it’s like a kind of checklist which helps me a lot
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i swear if it is tissue.... all of my year will fail without a doubt, we never actually looked at it in class
my English teacher was like we don’t have enough time pick one language and one structural technique then we’ll move on:rip:
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oo that’s a shout thanks! I have this really helpful photo; it’s like a kind of checklist which helps me a lot
ooh that’s cool, is it the front of the cgp textbook? It’s got quite a good comparison grid (which is also on the conflict poetry guide on here if you’ve not got it)
Crxssend
Rep:
?
my English teacher was like we don’t have enough time pick one language and one structural technique then we’ll move on:rip:
Oh *****tt tell them to pattern up!
Crxssend
Rep:
?
ALIE! It better be something easy😩😩😩
Crxssend
Rep:
?
With you on that one!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you're planning on going to uni this year, would any of these financial reasons stop you?

Not being able to work now to save up for uni (92)
13.81%
Reduced household income due to coronavirus means I can't afford to go (56)
8.41%
Lack of part-time jobs to support me while I'm at uni (85)
12.76%
Lack of graduate job prospects when I finish uni (80)
12.01%
Other reasons are stopping me going (86)
12.91%
Nothing is stopping me going (267)
40.09%

Watched Threads