The Student Room Group

Teenage boy shot dead in broad daylight in London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LMsav
Brandon Estate (Moscow 17 gang) is SE17.

What else do you wanna know?

Everything.

Do they sell drugs / organised crime?

How many people in each gang roughly - also rough age range

How many different gangs are there?

Thanks
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
But it has gotten worse over the years, the way young people are influenced to join gangs for street cred and rep, without thinking about the consequences

Plus we have twitter and 24 hr news giving each death more publicity than before.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
M17, Moscow, E17

Are these gangs?

Tell me more details about London gangs young urban London people

M17 is a short form of the name of the gang Moscow 17 that is based in Brandon Estate, Walworth.
Its called this because the area around Walworth Road and the whole of Walworth is called Moscow, or alternatively Woolyhood or just Wooly.
The postcode for Walworth is SE17 thats why the gang has 17 in its name.

Walworth and North Peckham have been in a gang war for a while now, particularly Brandon Estate and North Peckham. Some parts of wooly are cool with Peckham. This gang war has meant that anyone from either side is a target, with inevitably leads to bloodshed seeing as they are just separated by a park (Burgess Park in Southwark)

I used to live in Walworth on Aylesbury estate, where many people from Moscow 17 live
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
But it has gotten worse over the years, the way young people are influenced to join gangs for street cred and rep, without thinking about the consequences

What would you that that down too? Do you think the lucrative mainstreamness of of London rap / grime has contributed to that?
Original post by yourgyalsmcm
M17 is a short form of the name of the gang Moscow 17 that is based in Brandon Estate, Walworth.
Its called this because the area around Walworth Road and the whole of Walworth is called Moscow, or alternatively Woolyhood or just Wooly.

Walworth and North Peckham have been in a gang war for a while now, particularly Brandon Estate and North Peckham. Some parts of wooly are cool with Peckham. This gang war has meant that anyone from either side is a target, with inevitably leads to bloodshed seeing as they are just separated by a park (Burgess Park in Southwark)

I used to live in Walworth on Aylesbury estate, where many people from Moscow 17 live

Cheers man very informative

What do you think about stop and search (and are you a black dude)?
Original post by Becci166
Just because something is banned, it doesn’t mean that people don’t own them.

Original post by 999tigger
Another retareded comment weve come to expect from you.
Guns are regulated. Fact.
This is just an illegally held firearm.

Ill be a bit more obvious with my sarcasm next time...
Everything.

Do they sell drugs / organised crime?

How many people in each gang roughly - also rough age range

How many different gangs are there?

Thanks

Not gunna bait out what they do specifically

Some are small (10) some not (30+), usually 16-21yo

Lots of them. Ones that make music on YT are Moscow17 (Brandon Estate, GB's lot), Zone 2 (Peckham) Hitsquad (Peckham) 410 (Brixton) 17 (Wano) 150 (Angell Town) 28s (Croydon/Brixton) 67 (Brixton) 37 (Clapham) ZT Harlem Spartans (Kennington) KuKu (Kennington) Str8 Grove (Grove Park) Bside (Bellingham/Lewi) 86 (Tulse Hill) LTH (Tulse Hill) TeamRaw (Stockwell) Siraq 727 (Somerleyton) 814 (Lewi) SMG/M20 (Penge) Glane (Croydon) and that's just from South not even gunna do East West and North too many to count looool

Aylesbury is where GB held corn:frown: apparently he walked from Cooks Road to Warham street after getting shot in the head crazy that he even managed to walk that far imo...and heard that the only shot GB because Moscow ones were letting it off in Peckham yesterday?
Cheers man very informative

What do you think about stop and search (and are you a black dude)?

Do you work for the police?

This seems suspect.
Original post by wam bam bam
Do you work for the police?

This seems suspect.

No and the police already know this stuff lol
Original post by LMsav
Aylesbury is where GB held corn:frown: apparently he walked from Cooks Road to Warham street after getting shot in the head crazy that he even managed to walk that far imo...and heard that the only shot GB because Moscow ones were letting it off in Peckham yesterday?

Shitden I thought he got got in Brandon still. Hes a soldier bmt thats like a 5 minute walk. RIP tho. How did nobody clock some guy with a hole in his head walking down main road tho wtf. Thats crazy.

Oh isit? I dont really keep up with their gang beef anymore cah I live in Bellingham now. Do you live near there?
Shitden I thought he got got in Brandon still. Hes a soldier bmt thats like a 5 minute walk. RIP tho. How did nobody clock some guy with a hole in his head walking down main road tho wtf. Thats crazy.

Oh isit? I dont really keep up with their gang beef anymore cah I live in Bellingham now. Do you live near there?

Swear Cooks Road is Brandon? Like Kennington Park way? No idea how no-one clocked him Rage (17 Wano) put the pic on his snap it...

Nah man don't live in Bellingham I am Norwood but Bside (Bellingham) are my favourite on music still 30 is fresh home and KK soon home too
M17, Moscow, E17

Are these gangs?

Tell me more details about London gangs young urban London people

M17 and Moscow are the same gang based in the Brandon estate, SE17
Original post by LMsav
Swear Cooks Road is Brandon? Like Kennington Park way? No idea how no-one clocked him Rage (17 Wano) put the pic on his snap it...

Nah man don't live in Bellingham I am Norwood but Bside (Bellingham) are my favourite on music still 30 is fresh home and KK soon home too

yeahh it is, its towards Harlem side. Its sad but predictable bmt
Ohh seen my bro is from West Norwood still thats calm.
Bside are calm. I like Want me in cuffs n dexter, my sisters friend is a bellingham younger still. Its tight tho cah I got hella friends from Penge n my friends calm with some SMG dons
Original post by LMsav
Does that make you feel powerful? GB was not even 18, and not like other gang members. He fell into it because of where he was brought up but focused in school and aspired to be an architect.

It's so easy to just throw around a lack of sympathy online towards situations you have 0 knowledge or experience of. It's just ignorant, cold and pathetic. There is a family mourning today, and a young life lost and all you can focus on is the fact he was involved in a gang. I get what you mean and yeah gangs aren't great for society but GB wasn't like the rest. He was a family man and had aspirations outside Brandon Estate.

RIP Rhyhiem 1999-2018

I m from a council estate in London live below the poverty line for many years and was raised by a single disabled father on benefits. I never been in trouble with the police or been a member of a gang. I worked part time during my A Levels and went to university. I tired of people making excuse for lazy criminals gang members my childhood was in poverty and I a law abiding person and I would never dream of commit a violent crime.
Did you grow up in inner city London? I used to live on this guys block and I'm telling you it's so easy to fall into the wrong crowd. Imagine your friends all being influenced and trapping or being in gangs or whatever, you wouldnt want to lose them if you had been friends with them for a long time. Also, these blocks are full of gangs: there were probably about 3 just in my block and the one next to it. When people dont care whether you're part of a gang or not, and just want to kill you because of your postcode, wouldnt you want to be protected any way you can, even if it means hanging out with these gangsters.

My 95 year old aunt was attacked in a violent street robbery by a young man on estate in London. A nice twenty year old gang member attack an old lady for £5.
Original post by looloo2134
My 95 year old aunt was attacked in a violent street robbery by a young man on estate in London. A nice twenty year old gang member attack an old lady for £5.

well I'm sorry for your aunt, but that doesn't make my point any less valid. How's she doing? Is she ok?
We moved her into a old people home she lost her independent and is scared to leave.
well I'm sorry for your aunt, but that doesn't make my point any less valid. How's she doing? Is she ok?
The mother of the deceased has criticised the police for failing to protect her son.
https://news.sky.com/story/boy-17-shot-dead-in-southwark-south-london-11360967
Original post by Andrew97
The mother of the deceased has criticised the police for failing to protect her son.
https://news.sky.com/story/boy-17-shot-dead-in-southwark-south-london-11360967

yeh i was just reading that :frown:

Quick Reply