ReputationRep:
    Aw no, Oxford won ;dry;
    Good show still

ReputationRep:
    I only got 8 It was a hard one.

ReputationRep:
    Oh Darby: "its susssexx!!its sussexxxx!" :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, well Christ Church did have Wolsey on their side..

ReputationRep:
    Aww, I was rooting for Sheffield too.

ReputationRep:
    Is it weird that I had a total crush on Kaufman? (& have for some while now)

Also, was it Bubb that looked like a glam rock star from the 70s? What was he wearing!!

The girl on the Sheffield team = no contribution at all.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was a hard one too...
    I was rooting for Oxford, I dislike teams with too many phD students on them! They both did well though.

I thought the woman's comment at the end was quite funny: "youngsters are obviously well-informed nowadays"

Hmmm yeah, because the University Challenge teams on the final is a good cross-section of society!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Lost Myself)
    I thought the woman's comment at the end was quite funny: "youngsters are obviously well-informed nowadays"

Hmmm yeah, because the University Challenge teams on the final is a good cross-section of society!
    Ha, good point.

I also found it funny when the Christ Church captain went to snatch the trophy from her before shaking her hands or anything. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. You gotta love University Challenge for the whole campness of the retro set...that trophy was quite possibly the tackiest I've seen.

Not weird that you have a crush on Kaufman, I thought I was the only one! :P
    There's just something about a man who knows like EVERYTHING

ReputationRep:
    I was rooting for Sheffield, the Oxford lot seemed like a bunch of pretentious you know whats. And what the hell was Bubb wearing? Tosser.

ReputationRep:
    Boo. Pfft Oxford what are they famous for anyway. :rolleyes: :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm so glad I don't know Darby personally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Lost Myself)
    Yeah. You gotta love University Challenge for the whole campness of the retro set...that trophy was quite possibly the tackiest I've seen.

Not weird that you have a crush on Kaufman, I thought I was the only one! :P
    There's just something about a man who knows like EVERYTHING
    My stealth er, 'research' led me to Kaufman's wall and I thought you might like to be informed that he knows how you feel. Someone linked this thread to him.

ReputationRep:
    Kaufman is kinda cute, in a geeky, embarrassed to admit it way *blushes and sneaks away in a guilty fashion*

ReputationRep:
    That kaufman guy knows to much. He annoys me. :P. Somehow Bubb seemed cool.

Also is it me or were both women on each team a bit useless ? One of them got really excited when she knew the answer 'sussex' . The balachandar guy helped out a lot on sheffield, however the other guys were rly good as well.

ReputationRep:
    I liked Markland actually Seemed very down to earth but knew an awful lot too. I liked how they swivelled to look at him anxiously every time a science or maths question cropped up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naranoc)
    a science or maths question cropped up.
    Quite a few of which he flunked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KwungSun)
    Quite a few of which he flunked
    Yep, quite notably three in a row, when he spent ages trying to work them out

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.