The Student Room Group

Could I be pregnant?

I had sex on Friday, and got my period today (Sunday). Does this mean I'm definitely not pregnant?
If you are on your period now, then no. You’re not pregnant.
Kinda scares me that someone clearly capable of using the internet had to come here and ask this and didn't like, already know this or do a 10-second google search on the subject and understood what they read. Jus' saying.
There is still a chance you could be pregnant. It’s unlikely but still very much possible. Some people get period-like spotting during their pregnancy too so don’t listen to people saying there’s no chance that you could. Just use a condom next time, or don’t have sex. If you’re worried then get a pregnancy test but don’t use your periods as a way of telling if you’re pregnant or not because it isn’t 100% reliable. I’m sure you’ll be fine though, stay safe.
Depending on the time you had sex, you could still take the morning after pill (it can be used up to 120hrs after).

It's unlikely that you're pregnant, but it is possible (as katherinewoods12 said above). If you want to be sure, you may have to wait a week or so to do a pregnancy test as they're not very reliable early on.

Also, it might be a good idea to go to your GP or something to talk about contraception, especially if you're having unprotected sex. Stay safe! :smile:
am i preganant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending