Ogremag
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys,

As I'm coming to the end of my time at uwe, I ahve calculated what I predict I will finish with. If I only pass everthing I have left to be market, I will get 58.4%. If I do better than just pass and I get wht I predict I will, I will get around 59.4 give or take.

Is there anything I can do if I get just below the 59.5 requirement for a 2:1?

I have been suffering with anxiety and depression throughout my second year and final year and have been working through that, but that has meant that my grades dropped from 70% average in my second year to 50-60% in my final year.

Anyone had any similar experiences or can give me advice? thanks
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've just moved this so it shows in both University of the West of England and University life forums- hopefully someone should see this and reply
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ogremag)
Hi guys,

As I'm coming to the end of my time at uwe, I ahve calculated what I predict I will finish with. If I only pass everthing I have left to be market, I will get 58.4%. If I do better than just pass and I get wht I predict I will, I will get around 59.4 give or take.

I have been suffering with anxiety and depression throughout my second year and final year and have been working through that, but that has meant that my grades dropped from 70% average in my second year to 50-60% in my final year.

1. See a uni adviser or read the rules to see how the grading works. 59.5 is a likely cut off but each uni has different criteria for which credits they count.

2. If you are getting medical treatment then pit in an EC claim plus doctors letter. That should be enough to swing it if you are close.
username3953900
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yyeah am in exact situation am below 60 possibly 58. i had a alright decent average grade then flunked semester 1 year 3. at my uni they round 58 up if meet certain criteria which atm i do. am decided to not get stressed over instead use that energy to work harder
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ogremag)
Hi guys,

Do your calculations take into account the fact that UWE ignore your worst 20 credits in years 2 and 3?

http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/students/acade...ification.aspx

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (254)
57.21%
I don't have everything I need (190)
42.79%

Watched Threads