The Student Room Group

Help - I have a broken heart

Almost a year ago I met this wonderful, beautiful, amazing girl and we just kind of clicked together. Talking to eachother was so easy, we had so much in common and the chemistry was wonderful.

I felt like I was falling in love, but I was too scared to tell her. Eventually, I decided I should be honest about my feelings and told her. I included the words I love you. She said she felt the same and we cuddled. I felt so happy. I took her home to meet my family and she stayed over for a few nights.

Gradually we became more and more intimate, until one night we slept together and I have never felt more happy in my entire life. It was such a beautiful moment and it was my first time with somebody too. She told me she loved me and that she had never felt this way before and that the wonderful thing is, is that not only do we love each other, but we're also each others best friend.

Next morning, I called her, saying that I am so blessed to have her in my life and that last night was wonderful. All of a sudden she was really cold.

It's been weeks now and she hasn't initated a single thing with me
It's breaking my heart
I've seen her since and she's not explaining why. She doesn't even hug me anymore. I actually cried in front of her and she just remained cold and only said told me that I've done nothing wrong.
I can't stop thinking about her,
I'm empty and have no motivation in life to do anything -
I can't let go of her, even though I should - the loss is too much. She still wants to be my friend, but I've told her that is too hard for me now and to just come back to me

My heart is so broken. I've cried every day for about 8 weeks
Reply 1
yes
You can borrow my superglue if you want
did she not like say anything that might be why?
Reply 4
Original post by tasminbrooks
did she not like say anything that might be why?

No - it started the morning after she slept with me and she said goodbye saying "I love you" I really don't get it. Nothing happened between then and the next morning
Original post by Anonymous
No - it started the morning after she slept with me and she said goodbye saying "I love you" I really don't get it. Nothing happened between then and the next morning

has anything happened in her family or with her friends? ik it sounds weird but things like that can make people change
Reply 6
Original post by tasminbrooks
has anything happened in her family or with her friends? ik it sounds weird but things like that can make people change

No - I've asked and we've always told each other everything. She just went cold the day after sleeping with me and I feel so heartbroken
Worst feeling ever. I know cause I've been there. You sound like the nicest, most lovely person ever. She's clearly not seeing that. The guy I was with turned cold on me. I basically held on for as long as I could and then I realised that he wasn't the same anymore and I was wasting my time. I kept telling myself oh it will change, he'll come round but I knew he wasn't going to change. So I just slipped away. Removed him completely from my life and I feel so much happier. It's better going somewhere where you'll be appreciated. This girl must have a heart of stone, sorry for being so blunt, but if someone cried in front of me, the first thing I'd do is comfort them. Just move on. You deserve so much better than that. No one deserves to be treated like that. Don't waste your tears on her
No - I've asked and we've always told each other everything. She just went cold the day after sleeping with me and I feel so heartbroken

maybe things were just going too quickly for her and she didn't realise until after, you said she said it wasn't your fault, so don't beat urself u about it
I do feel for you and it will pass, but do you think it could’ve been because she was a bit overwhelmed by your forwardness? I understand since she seems like your first love, but time will help
that's absolutely f_cked mate. my hearts broken as well so I'm there with ya, but what you're going through is absolutely f_cked.

I can't honestly explain what could cause it. She could be 'damaged goods' (most people are in some way right?) and possibly associates men she is attracted to with abandonment and emotional coldness because her father abandoned her or was abusive.

My first girlfriend was like that. Her father was a schizophrenic who had no interest in her and sometimes didn't even recognize her when she came to visit him. so she was obsessed with me until I told her I loved her. I thought it would make her stop feeling so insecure and distrustful about how I felt about her and she would chill out, but instead it turned her absolutely nuts, she developed a drug problem, I had to dump her and she ended up overdosing multiple times and dating some real losers.
What becomes of the broken-hearted
Who had love that's nowwww departed?
Worst feeling ever. I know cause I've been there. You sound like the nicest, most lovely person ever. She's clearly not seeing that. The guy I was with turned cold on me. I basically held on for as long as I could and then I realised that he wasn't the same anymore and I was wasting my time. I kept telling myself oh it will change, he'll come round but I knew he wasn't going to change. So I just slipped away. Removed him completely from my life and I feel so much happier. It's better going somewhere where you'll be appreciated. This girl must have a heart of stone, sorry for being so blunt, but if someone cried in front of me, the first thing I'd do is comfort them. Just move on. You deserve so much better than that. No one deserves to be treated like that. Don't waste your tears on her

I just don't know how to move on. I shared so many things with her, everything in my life reminds me of her
I just don't know how to move on. I shared so many things with her, everything in my life reminds me of her

That's the hardest part. I see so many thinks and think oh he'd love that or I wonder if he'd be up for that and then I remember oh yeah he's not here anymore. He's gone. It's hard cause I shared a lot of things with him. As silly as if sounds, he was the 1st boy I'd ever properly talked to cause I didn't know how to make eye contact. Then he helped me move on from something that pretty much destroyed me. When that "I want you back" feeling creeps in, I think about all the times he hurt me and my reason for leaving. I think about the pain he caused, how I nearly destroyed my family for him and he couldn't even text back. All the awful excuses for not messaging and worst of all the dark secrets I had to keep about him. That's what helps me see past it. She gave you a cold response. She hurt you. That's simply not fair. People who treat you like that well, putting it honestly, Don't deserve that feeling you have for them. The right girl is out there. You deserve someone who actually cared as much as you do. I know it's hard. You'll get past it , you're strong enough. Time helps hearts heal
Almost a year ago I met this wonderful, beautiful, amazing girl and we just kind of clicked together. Talking to eachother was so easy, we had so much in common and the chemistry was wonderful.

I felt like I was falling in love, but I was too scared to tell her. Eventually, I decided I should be honest about my feelings and told her. I included the words I love you. She said she felt the same and we cuddled. I felt so happy. I took her home to meet my family and she stayed over for a few nights.

Gradually we became more and more intimate, until one night we slept together and I have never felt more happy in my entire life. It was such a beautiful moment and it was my first time with somebody too. She told me she loved me and that she had never felt this way before and that the wonderful thing is, is that not only do we love each other, but we're also each others best friend.

Next morning, I called her, saying that I am so blessed to have her in my life and that last night was wonderful. All of a sudden she was really cold.

It's been weeks now and she hasn't initated a single thing with me
It's breaking my heart
I've seen her since and she's not explaining why. She doesn't even hug me anymore. I actually cried in front of her and she just remained cold and only said told me that I've done nothing wrong.
I can't stop thinking about her,
I'm empty and have no motivation in life to do anything -
I can't let go of her, even though I should - the loss is too much. She still wants to be my friend, but I've told her that is too hard for me now and to just come back to me

My heart is so broken. I've cried every day for about 8 weeks

I feel for you fam and all I can say pray. If you're Muslim, you need to feed your soul. If you believe in "God" then pray. She's a piece of **** for doing that like brudda how you gonna cold shoulder man like that but it is what it is. Move on. Cry as much as you need to, like as an emotional person I get so annoyed at myself because all I do is cry and it's bare jarring but it is what it is. Use this and learn from it. Your heart is precious, don't let any tramp get to it innit.
Okay so as a girl I’m going to answer this for you
I think you came across to clingy and she didn’t like it.
I mean come on, you cried in front of her ?
I can’t stand it when my husband constantly compliments me, I am a married teen & im telling you.
Stop paying attention to her and she will automatically miss you herself. Don’t watch her snapchat\ Instagram story. Don’t text, call or speak to her. Don’t even open her messages, don’t look at her. Pretend she doesn’t exist. And I promise you now. She will come back herself
If she doesn’t come back, maybe she didn’t like the sex. Or she doesn’t love you, move on.
Sorry to sound harsh, I am trying to help you.
Now you can go spread your wings and become a butterfly, you're free

Quick Reply

Latest