Ban pointed kitchen knives and subsidise the sale of stab proof vests.

Watch
Poll: Do you agree with the proposals?
Yes to both. (3)
10.34%
Yes to the pointed knife ban (2)
6.9%
Yes to stabproof vests (3)
10.34%
No (16)
55.17%
Make London the same as NYC in the film Escape from New York. (5)
17.24%
This discussion is closed.
TheStupidMoon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
The Tories are pushing forward with more stupid laws with the offensive weapons bill. They should have taken my advice.
Now I'll need to travel down to Earth to get a new moondust pick instead of having it mailed.

As previously mentioned, the Tories are not our friends and now as the result of two people getting shot dead in London they have decided to press ahead with the bonkers proposals in their recent consultation and even add to them, see if you can get through the press release without wincing.

In the face of hysterical headlines, the usual cry of “something has to be done” has been made, so this nanny state nonsense is apparently going to be it. As the BBC points out, armed crime hasn’t really changed that much, it was actually going down but has ticked up again in the past couple of years (the figure for 2010 includes the mass shooting in Cumbria, which makes the drop look more dramatic than it actually is). I cannot think of anything in recent memory more “nanny state” than a Home Office spokesman speaking after a shooting and saying that types of weapon that had literally nothing to do with the incidents being asked about will be banned. It sounded so impotent and callously bureaucratic.

What exactly two murders with handguns (already prohibited) have got to do with acid, “zombie” knives and .50BMG rifles is an interesting question, but logic has never been a strong point when it comes to weapon laws in the UK. Shotgun licencing was introduced in 1967 after the murder of three policemen in 1966 – using handguns.

Home Office consultations are usually an exercise in trying to say that black is white, then receiving responses to the effect that black is black and white is white, then the Home Office disregards them and insists that black is most certainly white and how dare you for suggesting otherwise. Thus foolish legislation prevails as a public relations exercise.
https://www.cybershooters.org/?p=755
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's like they think folk have never heard of screwdrivers or something.
openingdimension
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Help prevent knife crime. There’s no point in the point. #NOPOINT

You can read more and sign the petition here:

https://chn.ge/2NxCWJC
Chuck_Fukmuk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think he meant to say its ******ed.
Chuck_Fukmuk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by crecookiesx)
What are you trying to express that you had to say autistic?
I think he probably meant "******ed".
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (77)
11.83%
Virtual campus tours/open days (158)
24.27%
Live streaming events (52)
7.99%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (59)
9.06%
A uni comparison tool (152)
23.35%
An in-person event when available (153)
23.5%