Rosie2693
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Does anybody have any advice on dropping out of uni.
Im at the end of my second year studying Religious Studies and i literally hate it. I am so unmotivated i leave everything to the literal last minute because i hate it so much. Im not getting the best grades either. Im desperate to drop out but everyone keeps telling me to stick it out but i dont even want to use my degree.
My issue is that i have signed for a house so owe £4500 if i cant anyone plus my £1000 overdraft does anybody have any advice on how to deal with the money situation when dropping out of uni?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rosie2693)
Im at the end of my second year studying Religious Studies and i literally hate it. I am so unmotivated i leave everything to the literal last minute because i hate it so much. Im not getting the best grades either. Im desperate to drop out but everyone keeps telling me to stick it out but i dont even want to use my degree.
My issue is that i have signed for a house so owe £4500 if i cant anyone plus my £1000 overdraft does anybody have any advice on how to deal with the money situation when dropping out of uni?
Go to the GP and complain about stress and anxiety. get diagnosed and drop out for those reasons. This is important as it gives you a chance for getting sfe to disregard the funding and allow you to do a different degree elsewhere when you choose.

Speak to LL, but most likely they will insist on you finding a replacement. there should still be plenty looking.

Bank unlikely to find out about you leaving until they fail to see loan money. Get a job and keep using the account. If you officially leave then you will have to sign on and get benefits. Go and see CAB.
inluminatio
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rosie2693)
Hi Rosie I know its old-ish post but I thought I'd chime in. I hated my studies too and dropped out over a decade ago. Well what can I say? I wish I finished my studies back them - it would have surely provided better job opportunities in the mean time. I mean two years done is no joke. What about credit transfer? Coulld that be an option?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (162)
14.52%
I'm not sure (50)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.57%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.96%
I'm not a current university student (541)
48.48%

Watched Threads