Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't think you want to be in North Korea unless you are one of the political elites
username3882216
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
I don't think you want to be in North Korea unless you are one of the political elites
I mean South Korea
username3756768
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why do you hate being Somali?
username3882216
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrXavier)
Why do you hate being Somali?
Probably because ppl think we are ugly and no one likes us
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
here is a Korean themed meme
leahnj
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
this is such a toxic mentality to have honestly s.korea is no different from any ither country in terms of the negatives. statements like this are really naïve
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
You’re moving like a koreaboo. You’re romanticising Korea too much
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Sataris
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey OP could you fill this out real quick

hello101201
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I'm Ethiopian and I think the same way. Korean and Japanese. Their culture is so aesthetic. The people are polite and beautiful. They never cause problems. Kpop is cool. I wish I looked more East Asian. I wish Ethiopia would literally break off of where it is now and fly and relocate in East Asia. To make myself happier I just look at maps of Asia, where Ethiopia is included because it sticks out towards Asia. Even the slightest bit of closeness to South Korea and Japan will make me happy. Even though you can't go back in time and be born Korean, you can still visit the country and appreciate its culture. I hope this makes you feel better. I understand how you feel.
CHANELDIAMONDS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
bare insecure somali girls on this site and its upsetting g
username3959912
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Rainfall)
bare insecure somali girls on this site
I can get a bit from OP tho. I mean I'm Vietnam and I actually prefer British culture than ours.
CHANELDIAMONDS
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by SwagNam)
I can get a bit from OP tho. I mean I'm Vietnam and I actually prefer British culture than ours.
hating your ethnicity is a complete different thing tbh.
username3959912
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
hating your ethnicity is a complete different thing tbh.
I used to hate my own country when I first came to UK tho. Later on I know it's mainly because the current political state of my country. So the same can be applied to OP's situation.
CHANELDIAMONDS
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by SwagNam)
I used to hate my own country when I first came to UK tho. Later on I know it's mainly because the current political state of my country. So the same can be applied to OP's situation.
for her its cos people think we're ugly and no one likes us. i dont like the political state of somalia either but i dont hate being somali... i just wouldnt ever live there
username3959912
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
for her its cos people think we're ugly and no one likes us. i dont like the political state of somalia either but i dont hate being somali... i just wouldnt ever live there
I... uh.... ****... not sure I can help her.
OutKast
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
You don't have to identify with your culture or as a somali girl. You can choose what you identify as/ what makes you you. Why don't you try embracing korean culture? try learning their language, customs and maybe even consider immigrating there when you're able to do so?
X_exceed
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
It's sad it's come to people hating their culture, don't hate what you are, accept it.
mounaabdx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Seeing this as a somali girl is really upsetting...why be so insecure about your cultural background? Not all koreans are attractive, that is the same with every other ethnicity. There are a large number of somalis who are attractive! Our facial features are unique in Africa! There's nothing unappealing about us all. Not wanting to live in Somalia/Somaliland is completely fine, but wanting to change your entire race? That's really saddening. You could go to Korea and live there but some people's ignorance towards blacks is really disgusting, some harbour hate towards those who are of a darker colour. Embrace who you are!
elena2570
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
That's really not true. I'm a Korean girl, and yes, I am proud. You should be proud of yourself, too. Don't compare yourself to other cultures. Different cultures do not mean that one is better than the other.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (125)
19.72%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (59)
9.31%
No I am happy with my course choice (357)
56.31%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (93)
14.67%

Watched Threads