exercising

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,
I'm not going to deny that I'm over weight I'm a size 16 and I will be starting exercising from tomorrow.
I am asking for advise as my family is on benefits and I can't afford a gym membership I would like to ask if anyone could give me some advise on how to start exercising as I have no gym equipment I have nothing to use for exercising and I would like anyone help by asking what's the best exercise to start of with and why
Howie_2114
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,
I'm not going to deny that I'm over weight I'm a size 16 and I will be starting exercising from tomorrow.
I am asking for advise as my family is on benefits and I can't afford a gym membership I would like to ask if anyone could give me some advise on how to start exercising as I have no gym equipment I have nothing to use for exercising and I would like anyone help by asking what's the best exercise to start of with and why
Go for a run
Siennaarod1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lifting weights is important but if you can’t get in the gym. HIIT cardio is a great way for fat burning. Hiit can consist of sprints ex. 20 second sprint 1 minute rest & repeat. Running stairs, lunges, push ups, anything to get your muscles going. Muscle burns fat so the more muscle you have the more fat and calories you will burn a day. Food is everything like they say you can’t outrun a bad diet. Calories in vs. calories out. You must eat less then what you burn daily. Start off by no soda, no chips, eat more veggies, PROTEIN IS IMPORTANT. Don’t give up.
seosi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You literally have a gym at your fingertips, go to YouTube and type in cardio stuff or working out, trust me, it’s better than gym
RamenNoNoodles
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just go on YouTube and workout at home
Minionmum
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Go on you tube and look up Lucy wyndham - read
kxxxhara
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
BLOGILATES!
She's this awesome youtuber that puts up workout videos. She makes a calendar every month so you just need to follow that. Easy. They're at home workouts. So you don't need any gym equipment.
Angry cucumber
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Couch to 5k
username3859374
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Blogilates!!!
CleverSquirrel
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
there are loads of work outs you can do at home
your diet is key too, download MFP, get on a calorie deficit and start tracking calories, healthy eating not fasting.
You can go for runs, fast paced walking if you want to start slow and then up your game
ForestShadow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi,
Lots of good advice but only 1 rule you need to follow

CALORIE DEFICIT

make sure you're overall exercising more and eating a lot less

exercising 4 hrs a day with have limited effect if you dont lower calorie intake too
remiaitman
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A run, regular pushups, regular situps, regular squats, lifting heavy objects using these things called arms that everybody has two of, a DIET, and the extensive use of the internet other than the Student Room to address your overweightness.

It will be incredibly, incredibly difficult to begin these. Eat protein, like chicken, nuts, meat, vegetables, and literally any other kind of food that doesn't include chips and fried fish or chicken. Protein doesn't cause weight gain IF you exercise, and specifically contributes to the building of muscle and removal of fat.

After the agonizing task of switching your diet, which I doubt you probably have much control on due to your current family situation and tendancy for those on benefits to buy the cheapest, unhealthiest food possible, you need to begin exercising as soon as possible WHENEVER YOU CAN. Preferably after or directly before you've eaten, but honestly if you're looking to lose weight then just exercise whenever.

Do these nightly (or whenever the hell you want): 3 sets of 15 pushups, 3 sets of 15 sit ups, 3 sets of 15 squats, and a 15 minute job up a hill or, again, wherever you want. These will take about 35 minutes depending on your attitude at the time. You can repeat these however many times you want.

While doing the sets, if you need a break, have A 90-120 SECOND BREAK MAXIMUM between EACH SET. Any longer and it'll ruin the exercise you're doing, you need to keep your heart rate high and breaking for longer than 120 seconds will lower it back down and just cause your heart to experience the equivalent of walking for 10 minutes then stopping. I sincerely hope this helps.

Feel more than free to raise the amount of reps within a set, as you will eventually be forced to do this over a period of time. REMEMBER TO DO THEM EVERY SINGLE DAY. If you don't do these everyday, then just forget about losing weight. If you experience muscle onset soreness (the muscle soreness you feel after doing too much exercise), then wait at least 3 days before continuing. That is the only exception as to cease exercise.
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi,
Walking is great exercise or go for a run if it's cold or raining there are loads of no equipment tutorials on you tube if you want to use weights tins work well for that don't over do it to start with it's very easy to over do it and hurt your self.

Good luck.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Start running. You will need decent shoes if you keep it up but if you are just starting you don't need anything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (103)
13.26%
I'm not sure (33)
4.25%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (240)
30.89%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.45%
I'm not a current university student (382)
49.16%

Watched Threads