The Student Room Group

Hate my skin😰

Does anyone have any advice on how I can clear my skin up, I really don’t wanna wear makeup in summer and I feel so ugly with my scars and spots😞thank you
Tea tree oil works wonders
Keep your skin clean by using a Simple face wash
Once your spots have gone use bio oil for scarring to go. I've heard rose hip oil is good too.
If your acne is really bad - do go to the docs
If you have issues with spots, most of time its because a) your diet is trash and b) you're not changing your bed sheets and pillow covers regularly. So change your bedding every week and eat less sugary foods, drink less sugary drinks. I only drink water and have done since the beginning of the year. Wash your face twice a day. A face wipe is not sufficient, especially in the summer when you're sweating like a pig. Use a facewash that has some kind of charcoal in it, it sucks up all the oil. And if you're wearing make up, for own good stop. You're just gonna have to firm the ugliness at the moment, slathering foundation and all sorts on top of spots is a big fat no no. And for the scars, get some raw cocoa butter. like, the hard ****, not a cream. It looks like a block of white chocolate and smells like it too. Scrape little bits off and rub it into the scars morning and night. Don't buy bio oil or some other money grabbing product, they work sometimes, but they're pricey and its an oil, which you don't really want to be rubbing onto your face. Also you need to cream your face. but nothing oily. If you're still suffering, visit your GP because that **** is serious.
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone have any advice on how I can clear my skin up, I really don’t wanna wear makeup in summer and I feel so ugly with my scars and spots😞thank you

you might hear this often but drink a lot of water! try your best by carrying a water bottle with you. And start to lay off the makeup products because they can actually make your skin worse.I know its hard but pretend they're not there and you will be confident in your own skin. This might sound weird but Watch your face in the night only and not in the morning because overnight your face gains all the essential oils etc. Washing your face in the morning basically strips your face from the nutrients you need.
Reply 4
I don’t have these problems with my skin to experiment much but I’ve heard from others that the following are good for your skin:
Tea tree oil (never used it tbh but it’s meant to be good)- apply a dab of this on the spot/affected area after you’ve washed your face. If you can steam before washing, that would be better to open up the pores.
Rosehip oil or castor oil is good for acne scars.
Aloe Vera gel (this I have used and it’s good)- it will moisturise, soften and soothe your skin. It’s good to apply on irritated skin and helps heal scars faster.
Use a simple a gentle cleanser.
Make sure you use a clean towel (not the same towel you use on your body) or a paper towel to dry your skin.
Avoid touching your face.
Keep hydrated , drink and eat healthy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending