The Student Room Group

I don’t feel attractive anymore

When I was 19 I think I really started to like the way I looked because I struggled so much from 12-17 with the way my body looked but recently I feel like I’ve gone back to feeling like I don’t like my body. I just don’t feel attractive or feel like I look attractive, no one’s been interested in me for a long time and i feel really ugly. I recently went on tinder and I get really disheartened when I match a guy and they unmatch straight away ( it’s happened at 4 times in the past year).

Oh I’m 22 btw
4 times in a year? That's not a lot? :s-smilie:
You’re only 22, there’s plenty of time for that, don’t force it. Plus if you think you look unattractive, try do things to change that: go to the gym, get into makeup, eat the right food.
Reply 3
Original post by RamenNoNoodles
You’re only 22, there’s plenty of time for that, don’t force it. Plus if you think you look unattractive, try do things to change that: go to the gym, get into makeup, eat the right food.

Yeah people have been saying that for years, then it’ll get to the point where it’s like I don’t have plenty of time. Hmm I do 2 out of three
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah people have been saying that for years, then it’ll get to the point where it’s like I don’t have plenty of time. Hmm I do 2 out of three

Maybe travel and meet new people, you never know
Reply 5
Original post by RamenNoNoodles
Maybe travel and meet new people, you never know

Don’t have the money for travelling
The same advice I always give people in these kings of situations - try your best to stay positive, eat healthy, drink plenty of water, moisturize, and, most importantly, start going to the gym. Top that off with a nice piece of clothing or two and you'll be surprised.

Don't worry.
Reply 7
go to the gym, think positive and love yourself. it will help. post pictires on insta confidentaly.
When I was 19 I think I really started to like the way I looked because I struggled so much from 12-17 with the way my body looked but recently I feel like I’ve gone back to feeling like I don’t like my body. I just don’t feel attractive or feel like I look attractive, no one’s been interested in me for a long time and i feel really ugly. I recently went on tinder and I get really disheartened when I match a guy and they unmatch straight away ( it’s happened at 4 times in the past year).

Oh I’m 22 btw

The reason why you feel unattractive is because you allow other people to value your appearance (if that makes sense). Like because some guys are not interested in you, that's why you feel like you're unattractive. You need to work on your insecurity and work on loving yourself girl. Trust me. Sometimes, I feel so ugly even though other people constantly tell me I'm not however that feeling never goes away because I don't fully love myself. There was a time that I did but certain situations just lower your self-esteem. Feeling content with yourself is a very long process and you need to constantly work on it.
Reply 9
Original post by Mrs.Grey
The reason why you feel unattractive is because you allow other people to value your appearance (if that makes sense). Like because some guys are not interested in you, that's why you feel like you're unattractive. You need to work on your insecurity and work on loving yourself girl. Trust me. Sometimes, I feel so ugly even though other people constantly tell me I'm not however that feeling never goes away because I don't fully love myself. There was a time that I did but certain situations just lower your self-esteem. Feeling content with yourself is a very long process and you need to constantly work on it.

Hmm I also think that because i have such a stressful deadline at uni and finding it hard to actually look after myself it’s making me feel this way. I honestly think I have a lower self esteem because I haven’t slept with a guy and I’m probably thinking it’s a bigger thing than it is, having no one being interested in me for a long time, I just think there’s something wrong with me, like I must be unattractive.
Hmm I also think that because i have such a stressful deadline at uni and finding it hard to actually look after myself it’s making me feel this way. I honestly think I have a lower self esteem because I haven’t slept with a guy and I’m probably thinking it’s a bigger thing than it is, having no one being interested in me for a long time, I just think there’s something wrong with me, like I must be unattractive.

Trust me girl, there's nothing wrong with you. You're beautiful just the way you are.

Spoiler

I know girls who aren't very attractive but have great personalities and have all the guys on them.
Try make-up , new hairstyles and clothes. Think of someone you find pretty and get inspired by how they dress , their makeup etc.
I'm sure you are pretty though! :smile:
Theres a girl in my school who looks like a model but shes very quiet and introverted, so she doesn't have guys all over her either and i don't think shes very interested either. So maybe you are attractive but you just keep to yourself , guys wanna get laid with slutty or easy girls. If you look for a good relationship then im 100% sure there is someone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending