The Student Room Group

MUA - how to start?

I am interested in becoming a part time MUA as I do enjoy applying makeup and have received many compliments and requests to do people's makeup. However, I don't think I have the confidence yet to apply makeup to different skin colours and tones because I haven't practised out of the brown skin range.

How do I start my journey on becoming a professional MUA, also I can't afford to keep in range the tonnes of different skin coloured foundations and concealers so how do new MUAs do it?

Many thanks!:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by aladdin818
I am interested in becoming a part time MUA as I do enjoy applying makeup and have received many compliments and requests to do people's makeup. However, I don't think I have the confidence yet to apply makeup to different skin colours and tones because I haven't practised out of the brown skin range.

How do I start my journey on becoming a professional MUA, also I can't afford to keep in range the tonnes of different skin coloured foundations and concealers so how do new MUAs do it?

Many thanks!:smile:

Try get attention on Insta, get promotions from brands and get money from people that use your discount codes, In order to get attention engagement groups are good.
If you don't want to do many skin colour types, just say it, if someone asks you just say that you are learning on that but your not ready yet, in your case id say get a fair skin type of clientele and work with that
Maybe take a course to learn othesr skin type make up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending