Considering leaving uni Watch

lunar moon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am in my first year of uni. I am 22 and took a 2 year gap year before starting uni. Once I decided to apply I figured it was for me, it felt right. Although I was nervous, it was in a good way, I felt excited and hopeful for a new experience and beginning. However, after having experienced it I do not feel fulfilled whatsoever, with my course or with my uni life in general. I must admit, I am scared of saying this to my parents, especially to my father, who has wanted me to go to uni for the longest time. Ever since I finished my A levels, he has encouraged me, and was disappointed when I chose to go on a gap year. I would like answers of those who have either left university or have/had considered leaving uni. Thank you in advance .
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why do you want to leave uni?

1) If you leave now, what do you plan to do? A career without uni is becoming increasingly difficult...i wouldnt leave unless you have a clear path to follow...

2) are you struggling academically? (I go to a Russell group) and even though its tough if you just commit when you do begin to understand your learning you do get almost a euphoric feeling...its just getting started!

3) Uni is a short sacrifice for a much easier life later!
lunar moon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
1) Honestly, I have no idea. I have never known what I have wanted to do.
2) Academically I am fine, I get good grades and am not struggling. Although motivation is sometimes an issue
3)I guess so. But I wonder if everyone out there with a uni degree will be able to get a job. Since, at the end of the day there will be only a certain amount of spaces I guess.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Foundation Year Open Evening Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Regent's University London
    Psychotherapy Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (127)
19.54%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (62)
9.54%
No I am happy with my course choice (368)
56.62%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (93)
14.31%

Watched Threads