The Student Room Group

Bullied at work by a bunch of Indians

Recently started a new job, within a few days of being there i was targetted by 6 indian colleagues . I am exceptionally good at what i do - the pay is **** but enjoy what i do. The indians have subjected me to the most horrendous type of bullying there is. The management as absolutely scared rotten of them and when i complained they tried to turn the tables but said they will deal with it in the strictest way. Yet i have not seen any improvement- infact it got worse ,with almost threats . I like the job itself and have been bullied in a few jobs before and vow not to get myself into the same situation as i cannot keep running everytime something happens like this ..I have logged everything, but feel what is the use the management will still sheild them. How would you guys deal with it?

Scroll to see replies

Spoiler

it works.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Çharmander
message every each one of them:

send bobs plz

:wink:

I think you've bashed that line into irrelevance now.
Reply 3
Original post by Çharmander
message every each one of them:

send bobs plz

:wink:

Somewhat of a good plan, who would bully an absolute maniac?
Tbh the same thing happened with my uncle because where I live there are a lot of Indians and Pakistanis and it’s really cliquey like that like they isolate themselves kinda so I get you. For my uncle, he found no solution and left the job which is **** but yeah. I would say look for somewhere better with better pay or stand up to them because worst case scenario you lose your job but then you can just find somewhere better right? Sorry that’s not very useful
Original post by Sinnoh
Somewhat of a good plan, who would bully an absolute maniac?

ikr, if that doesnt work idk what else we can do.
(edited 5 years ago)
Have you tried confronting them? Or has no one else tried confronting them? And surely they’re at risk of losing their jobs if the bullying is as bad as you say it is. Carry on logging everything they do
Original post by charmaine45th
Recently started a new job, within a few days of being there i was targetted by 6 indian colleagues . I am exceptionally good at what i do - the pay is **** but enjoy what i do. The indians have subjected me to the most horrendous type of bullying there is. The management as absolutely scared rotten of them and when i complained they tried to turn the tables but said they will deal with it in the strictest way. Yet i have not seen any improvement- infact it got worse ,with almost threats . I like the job itself and have been bullied in a few jobs before and vow not to get myself into the same situation as i cannot keep running everytime something happens like this ..I have logged everything, but feel what is the use the management will still sheild them. How would you guys deal with it?

What kind of bullying are you talking about?

Being a relatively hard worker myself... I've seen singled out a few times by "certain kinds" of people. There are ways of dealing with it but it depends on the context. Voice / video recorder on your smartphone is your best first resort tool.

Best last resort tool... depends how deep you go down the rabbit hole.
Reply 8
Call the sheriff.
Original post by Emily46121
Tbh the same thing happened with my uncle because where I live there are a lot of Indians and Pakistanis and it’s really cliquey like that like they isolate themselves kinda so I get you. For my uncle, he found no solution and left the job which is **** but yeah. I would say look for somewhere better with better pay or stand up to them because worst case scenario you lose your job but then you can just find somewhere better right? Sorry that’s not very useful

Thank you Emily, it is refreshing to hear words from someone who isnt just trolling peoples messages and mocking a rather disturbing sittuation. Like i said i have been bullied before and basically i have got into a case where it happens in every work environment. There is no way of getting away from it. These people who are very poorly disclipined have taken a set on me because i am very good at my job and they do not like it
Original post by NonIndigenous
What kind of bullying are you talking about?

Being a relatively hard worker myself... I've seen singled out a few times by "certain kinds" of people. There are ways of dealing with it but it depends on the context. Voice / video recorder on your smartphone is your best first resort tool.

Best last resort tool... depends how deep you go down the rabbit hole.

Vicious degradating bullying each and every day . I have complained but the management are scared of them . One recently made a Third party threat - which yes, i have evidence of, but feel again , i will be made to look like the bad guy because the management are hard pressed to issue any strict discplines of them
Vicious degradating bullying each and every day . I have complained but the management are scared of them . One recently made a Third party threat - which yes, i have evidence of, but feel again , i will be made to look like the bad guy because the management are hard pressed to issue any strict discplines of them

Threatening someone physically is illegal, you don't have to report it to management. You can report it to the police.

But if it's as bad as it sounds, you might want to prepare for backlash. Certainly make sure no one follows you home, take an indirect bus route so you have to change once, and take something to read on the longer journey.

I rarely hear Indians in the UK behaving like this. They're usually pretty quiet people. Unless you're Indian yourself... then I imagine the social dynamics vary depending on that. Certainly none ever bothered me, but I'm white. End of day, anything's possible
(edited 5 years ago)
Threatening someone physically is illegal, you don't have to report it to management. You can report it to the police.

But if it's as bad as it sounds, you might want to prepare for backlash. Certainly make sure no one follows you home, take an indirect bus route so you have to change once, and take something to read on the longer journey.

I rarely hear Indians in the UK behaving like this. They're usually pretty quiet people. Unless you're Indian yourself... then I imagine the social dynamics vary depending on that. Certainly none ever bothered me, but I'm white. End of day, anything's possible
No i am not indian..
Reply 13
No i am not indian..

Is the bullying racist in nature?

No , i am not indian and they are Hindi's .. I cannot trust the Police because they will do nothing or just make the situation a lot worse. I think it will be taken seriously by the Police if they where making threats are a white person. I am italian
Original post by e^iπ
Is the bullying racist in nature?
Bullying can be motivated by many things, racial intent , jealousy.. I hope that is what you are asking:s-smilie:
contact HR
Reply 17
Bullying can be motivated by many things, racial intent , jealousy.. I hope that is what you are asking:s-smilie:

Could you possibly give some examples of the bullying, such as incidents and what they verbally said?
Original post by storm95
contact HR

I have when i lodged my first complaint and one of them kept making excuses for them
I have when i lodged my first complaint and one of them kept making excuses for them

sounds like a horrible company i'd hate to work for them why don't you file another complaint or even better speak to HR on the phone. I feel your pain, don't let it get to you, just keep a cool head and keep working hard it will eventually stop. I was targeted as well at my old job because I was new and didn't know how to to the job properly but eventually i just kept working hard and sometimes even spoke back to them put them in their place and it stopped.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending