Science-6
Art-6
Maths-5
Geog-7
Re-3
English lit-4
English Lang-4
Textiles- A*
However I didn’t revise at all for my mocks and I’ve started re revision couple of days ago and I really want to achieve a 6 and I’ve started revising for my other subjects after the Easter break.
I just wanted to know if it’s possible to get my target grade or is it too late?
Shadowdraconis
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Dxxle)
Hey guys so I’ve got a week till my first GCSE exam
In March I had my mocks and my results were:
Science-6
Art-6
Maths-5
Geog-7
Re-3
English lit-4
English Lang-4
Textiles- A*
However I didn’t revise at all for my mocks and I’ve started re revision couple of days ago and I really want to achieve a 6 and I’ve started revising for my other subjects after the Easter break.
I just wanted to know if it’s possible to get my target grade or is it too late?
If you put the work in then definitely yes it's possible. Make sure you do loads of practice questions too. Good luck for all your GCSE's!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Dxxle
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by Shadow_12)
If you put the work in then definitely yes it's possible. Make sure you do loads of practice questions too. Good luck for all your GCSE's!
Thankyou so much, wish you the best of luck aswell🙂
username3905222
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
:bl:IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO ACHIEVE YOUR DREAMS :bl:

Spoiler:
Show

just get off TSR LOL
howtochangename
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I assume you don't need any help with Geography or Textiles, but you need help with English, RE and Maths

For English Literature and RE use Seneca Learning (search it up on google, it's a website). Make an account and select the content that you're doing and make sure its the exact same exam board etc etc. It can help massively with covering the content to the point where you've condensed two months of work into two hours, and it's free! As for English Language, watch Mr Bruff on YouTube or buy his books on Amazon which are cheap. He's brilliant.

For Maths, I'd suggest using Maths Genie in conjunction with something like Hegarty Maths/Corbett Maths/Maths Watch or any other resources on YouTube. Go on Maths Genie and note down the topics that you're good at, the ones where you're in the middle with and the ones where you know very little if not at all. For the topics you're not good at, you'll want to put them into YouTube or any other resource your school provides and watch videos on them. If you can't find the videos for the topics at all, fear not as Maths Genie will most likely have videos, but they won't be very good (that's why you use another resource!)
After watching a video, print out the questions for the topic and do them, then use the solutions to check if you're right, then rinse and repeat for all the other topics. This method got me from a predicted 5 to an 8 in my mocks for Maths, so it should help you out quite a bit

I should be revising for my GCSEs, but this wall of text should get you to a 6 if not a 7 or higher! Good luck
Dxxle
Rep:
?
(Original post by howtochangename)
I assume you don't need any help with Geography or Textiles, but you need help with English, RE and Maths

For English Literature and RE use Seneca Learning (search it up on google, it's a website). Make an account and select the content that you're doing and make sure its the exact same exam board etc etc. It can help massively with covering the content to the point where you've condensed two months of work into two hours, and it's free! As for English Language, watch Mr Bruff on YouTube or buy his books on Amazon which are cheap. He's brilliant.

For Maths, I'd suggest using Maths Genie in conjunction with something like Hegarty Maths/Corbett Maths/Maths Watch or any other resources on YouTube. Go on Maths Genie and note down the topics that you're good at, the ones where you're in the middle with and the ones where you know very little if not at all. For the topics you're not good at, you'll want to put them into YouTube or any other resource your school provides and watch videos on them. If you can't find the videos for the topics at all, fear not as Maths Genie will most likely have videos, but they won't be very good (that's why you use another resource!)
After watching a video, print out the questions for the topic and do them, then use the solutions to check if you're right, then rinse and repeat for all the other topics. This method got me from a predicted 5 to an 8 in my mocks for Maths, so it should help you out quite a bit

I should be revising for my GCSEs, but this wall of text should get you to a 6 if not a 7 or higher! Good luck
Omg thankyou so so so much, I’ll definitely use these. Wish you the best of luck🙂
Dxxle
Rep:
?
(Original post by snovvhite)
:bl:IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO ACHIEVE YOUR DREAMS :bl:

Spoiler:
Show

just get off TSR LOL
Thankyouuu🙂
Iahmed512
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Don't mean to hijack this thread but I've got good mock results, but don't know how I should maintain them. I haven't really done a lot of revision, I've done a lot for maths though, and quite a bit for RS.

However, I can offer some advice:

Maths will require a lot of revision, but if you re aiming for a 6 not as much, but just practice and watch videos on or use revision guides for topics you don't understand, use sites like senecca learning, mathswatch, maths genie, Corbett maths, Mr Barton maths, heggarty maths.

English-practice lots, memorise quotes, watch Mr bruff as others have said.

RE just memorise stuff, including quotes and practice.
Dxxle
Rep:
?
(Original post by Iahmed512)
Don't mean to hijack this thread but I've got good mock results, but don't know how I should maintain them. I haven't really done a lot of revision, I've done a lot for maths though, and quite a bit for RS.

However, I can offer some advice:

Maths will require a lot of revision, but if you re aiming for a 6 not as much, but just practice and watch videos on or use revision guides for topics you don't understand, use sites like senecca learning, mathswatch, maths genie, Corbett maths, Mr Barton maths, heggarty maths.

English-practice lots, memorise quotes, watch Mr bruff as others have said

RE just memorise stuff, including quotes and practice.
Thankyou and I’m aiming for a 7 in maths as I was a mark of a 6🙂
Iahmed512
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Dxxle)
Thankyou and I’m aiming for a 7 in maths as I was a mark of a 6🙂
Yeah practice loads, I used to be getting 5s in maths, so was only alright at it not bad, but I revised loads by practicing, and in my last mock I managed to get an 8 and in practice papers I'm getting 8s and 9s, so I'm quite good at maths now but I still wouldn't say I'm great at it because I know myself there's still quite a few topics I'm not great at and I don't want to therefore be or seem arrogant.

Good luck with all your exams and well done in textiles.
Dxxle
Rep:
?
(Original post by Iahmed512)
Yeah practice loads, I used to be getting 5s in maths, so was only alright at it not bad, but I revised loads by practicing, and in my last mock I managed to get an 8 and in practice papers I'm getting 8s and 9s, so I'm quite good at maths now but I still wouldn't say I'm great at it because I know myself there's still quite a few topics I'm not great at and I don't want to therefore be or seem arrogant

Good luck with all your exams and well done in textiles.
Thankyou good luck with your exams too & well done in maths🙂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (23)
11.86%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (16)
8.25%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (43)
22.16%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (28)
14.43%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (25)
12.89%
How can I be the best version of myself? (59)
30.41%

Watched Threads