Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i work on an 8 1/4 contract with Morrisons and have done for a few months

Im supposed to be working this Thursday but i wanted it changed so i could revise for a test on Fri morning - i went about last week chasing this one guy to try and swap shifts and when i finally agreed to swap with him, one of the managers said it wasnt possible because i had only just started

I was a bit peeved, but i asked the only other person who started around the same time as me, and he couldnt swap :mad:

Im gonna go in and ask a manager tomorrow if there is anyone else i could swap with, but if there isnt, is there any chance of him just putting me in for another day? Ive still not sussed how the whole shift thing works. Would it be rude to go up to him and say "i cannot work on Thursday" and see what he says?

Oh, i work in Grocery btw, and theres usually about 3 or 4 in on one shift

ReputationRep:
    Well it seems like you've given a bit short notice really. You might as well try and ask however, but don't expect too much.

ReputationRep:
    yeah if you had given more notice you could have taken one of your holidays or something. Youll just need to explain you need to study and ask them nicely if theres any way it could be changed and tell them your willing to change to any other day for them or swap with anyone. If that fails youll either have to work or risk annoying them by calling in sick!

ReputationRep:
    Due to timetable changes I had to swap a shift to a different day.
    They were fine with it because me and another guy just swapped days and I gave quite a few weeks notice.

Going in and telling the manager at such short notice that you can't work a certain day is a bit unreasonable, especially since you would have already agreed to the contract to work on that day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadnerb)
    Due to timetable changes I had to swap a shift to a different day.
    They were fine with it because me and another guy just swapped days and I gave quite a few weeks notice.

Going in and telling the manager at such short notice that you can't work a certain day is a bit unreasonable, especially since you would have already agreed to the contract to work on that day.
    Well i was all ready to swap until i found out i couldnt because the other guy was there for a few years and i only just started a few months ago

ReputationRep:
    iv been working less than 2 months and i swapped a shift.......And i know loads of ppl who do long as the other person agrees. the manager even knows its for parties =)

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.