Duac burnt my skin Watch

dunyasimoes
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have been using duac for just over a week now but today, being a very sunny day, I woke up with it on and didn't bother washing my face. I went on with my business around the house and when I went to wash my face was horrified that the places I used Duac on are a lot darker than my natural skin tone around my face.PLEASE PLEASE anyone who knows who to treat this kind of dark burn, please help. I am trying not to panic
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ask your doctor, they probably have some sort of medicine to cool and heal the burns. I wouldn't risk home remedies, remember it's not just a normal burn - its a chemical burn so you should see a doctor ASAP
2007PSanHa
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Are you sure it's a burn? I looked up duac side effects and it lists skin dryness, redness, irritation and itching. I find it unlikely that it would have caused a burn.
Advice for treating a chemical burn would be to rinse it under water for 20 minutes but this would have little effect several hours later. Maybe avoid using Duac and check with your GP if you're worried?
dunyasimoes
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by 2007PSanHa)
Are you sure it's a burn? I looked up duac side effects and it lists skin dryness, redness, irritation and itching. I find it unlikely that it would have caused a burn.
Advice for treating a chemical burn would be to rinse it under water for 20 minutes but this would have little effect several hours later. Maybe avoid using Duac and check with your GP if you're worried?
Well I'm a caramel/mixed race tone and now theres a part of my cheeks which is like a shade darker because it was exposed to the sun. dont know as to what that's classed as ?? I've looked online and aloe vera gel and lemon juice seems to be the solution for these dark marks. Praying it works!
Miastevens.m
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by dunyasimoes)
I have been using duac for just over a week now but today, being a very sunny day, I woke up with it on and didn't bother washing my face. I went on with my business around the house and when I went to wash my face was horrified that the places I used Duac on are a lot darker than my natural skin tone around my face.PLEASE PLEASE anyone who knows who to treat this kind of dark burn, please help. I am trying not to panic
yeah duac burnt my skin really bad, make sure you wash it off as soon as you wake up because sun light really ****s up your skin
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (130)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.17%
Not great so far... (256)
35.85%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.77%

Watched Threads