Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've never really had a problem with spots on my face, and never had any spots on my back or chest, but recently i've developed quite a few on my back, mostly small but a few fairly large and red.. and they hurt.

I've got a ball in a few weeks where im going to be wearing a dress with a fairly low back, but im getting a little worried at how horrible this will now look, so my question is, is there anything to get rid of the spots on my back fairly quickly?

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean - I call it bacne. Normally when you scrub in the shower, they sort of... disappear. You could always use a Clearasil bodywash or something similar too. The worst thing is to itch them or just pick them (which I tend to do), because they don't go away... or end up even worse. I would advise putting some powder/make-up on for the ball (yes, on your back)... but then my friends tend to get worse spots on their face when they do it, so they're fighting a losing battle really. Putting some cream won't hurt either, though I'm not sure if spot cream works very well.

ReputationRep:
    Are you stressed out? Alot of spots on the back are actually caused by stress etc.

I'd try witch doctor all over the problem area, should help bring some of it down.

ReputationRep:
    i used to use Sudacrem, that worked if i put it on at night but i guess thats a bit of a prob if you dont have anyone that can do it for you, unless they're just on your shoulders.

maybe use a sunbed? i know its not ideal but they do clear spots up.

also as a more of a long term thing, you could go to the docs for a pill for it, i was given a contraceptive pill and that worked a treat

ReputationRep:
    If it gets hot at all over the next few weeks (okay, little chance of that, but just in case!) then let your back have a bit of sunlight - it works wonders.

A product that may work for you (it worked for me, anyway) is the Lemslip Butter Cream from Lush. Smells nice, too.

ReputationRep:
    :dito: I totally agree! I get spots on my back and shoulders, especially during the winter, then when summer arrives, after a little while, the sunlight really helps to clear them up. I think it could also be that the skin can breathe when you wear smaller, summery tops, instead of being in constant contact with material all day.

Also, you can get bodywash for spots, like facewash, though I find that a soft shower gel works fine. Harsher soaps and stuff can dry your skin out, which doesn't help. Mine get agitated by scrubbing, and even by drying it too hard with a towel! A gentle exfoliation and then a moisturizing wash might help?

And you can get someone to help put cover up on for the ball Drink lots of water, eat lots of fruit too, helps with general spots, I find!

ReputationRep:
    I had spots like that on my back, I went to the Docs and got zineryt (something like that) which was a little roller thing, and they all went within 2 weeks and I havent had one since

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies, i may try some kind of exfoliating bodywash and see if that helps, and i may have to end up putting makeup on my back for the ball hehe

ReputationRep:
    I would also recommend a short burst on a sunbed if you can afford it - as I understand it they're only dangerous if you use them regularly/for long periods. Failing that, I find that using a body scrub works, though results seem to vary for different people; and Sudocrem is also designed to blitz acne.

ReputationRep:
    Backne.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelil)
    I would also recommend a short burst on a sunbed if you can afford it - as I understand it they're only dangerous if you use them regularly/for long periods.
    I'm tempted to try this as I've had really bad spots on my back for about 3/4 years. Would it turn me into a tangerine though? I'm more of a fan of the walking dead look :p:

ReputationRep:
    Not if you just used it for a short time. People who use sunbeds to get a tan tend to use them regularly for quite long periods in order to build up and maintain the tan. If you were just going to do it as a one-off I'd be really surprised if it had that effect.

ReputationRep:
    This doesn't really help your spots, but if you've got long hair, just have it down so it covers your back. Noone will be examining your back anyway, and will probably be too worried about what they look like themselves to notice!

ReputationRep:
    I had this problem for years, couple of months ago I almost phoned Guinness World Records because I had so many spots on my back. Like 45... :mad:

Yeah I counted.

Tried everything, salicylic acid wash, tea tree oil, melaleuca oil, scrubbin' like a madman, showering 4~5 times a day etc etc. Was driving me bonkers because I wanted to go swimming.

Had no spots on my butt, weirdly. Then last week finally twigged, been wearing jim jam bottoms for years but no top!

Started wearing [clean, obv.] jim jams top and bottoms and my spots have gone [almost, got like 2.5 atm which is nothing compared to before, la].

Change my sheets pretty regular [prolly once a week on average, kinda normal right?] but seems wasn't enough.

So try that, clean jim jams every night. Top and bottom.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.