username3944482
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can't you just memorise quotes and waffle on them as done that in my mocks and achieved a grade 7?
RhynieChert
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yeah tbh I just learned a few quotes and core teachings then ********ted my way to an a*
oven2
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i write quotes and try to explain them only to get a grade 3... what am i doing wrong
username3944482
Rep:
?
(Original post by aesthete1)
yeah tbh I just learned a few quotes and core teachings then ********ted my way to an a*
have you done your GCSE's? Did you do AQA?
username3944482
Rep:
?
(Original post by oven2)
i write quotes and try to explain them only to get a grade 3... what am i doing wrong
you need to waffle a bit more maybe try linking back or improve your structure
karen193
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by oven2)
Best thing to do its to use the quotes to back up your answer. For example, if I was arguing against abortion, I would make the point that life is sacrosanct and we are God's creation, "made in the image of God" Genesis 1 :27.

I did GCSE RE and I'm doing A level RE now so if you need any quotes or help, just message me and I'll get you sorted ☺
Maker
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You don't have to revise just pray a lot and get top marks.
RhynieChert
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by emilysandres)
have you done your GCSE's? Did you do AQA?
took my gcses a couple of years ago so it was on the old spec but my brother is taking it now and it doesn't seem to have changed too much in terms of the skills required and style of question. I think I was OCR but just in general as long as you learn to structure your answers well and practice writing them under time pressures I think re is pretty easy to do well at by just learning the core content then applying it to whatever questions come up
Sheperd23
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by karen193)
Best thing to do its to use the quotes to back up your answer. For example, if I was arguing against abortion, I would make the point that life is sacrosanct and we are God's creation, "made in the image of God" Genesis 1 :27.

I did GCSE RE and I'm doing A level RE now so if you need any quotes or help, just message me and I'll get you sorted ☺
I'm doing GCSE RE, could you help me?
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah basically if you just use your common sense like 'some Christians believe abortion is wrong, some believe it's okay in the situation of rape or harm to mothers health and some people believe it is the mothers right to decide etc' and then just use quotes to back your answer, you'll get an A* easily.

By far the easiest GCSE
HoldThisL
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I didn't revise and missed the A* by one mark so I'd strongly advise you to revise properly.
karen193
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kangaroo17)
I'm doing GCSE RE, could you help me?
Certainly ☺
Iahmed512
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by karen193)

I'm fine with religion side, what about ethics, like human rights, abortion, etc
karen193
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Iahmed512)
I'm fine with religion side, what about ethics, like human rights, abortion, etc
Then I would look to people from other views. I'm studying human rights myself so I might have some stuff but it tends to be in a lot of depth.

My tip for evaluating between religious views and nonreligious views would be to state a point like do not kill but flip it to say actually, Christians should have compassion for others, therefore they should accept euthanasia and so on. That way you're covering both sides of argument
Squishy Pixelz
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nope! I just cheated
ForestShadow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by aesthete1)
same here but my spec was easier back in the day

(Original post by Squishy Pixelz)
Nope! I just cheated
how did you do it :holmes:
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did that.

If you're quite opinionated and are articulate in expressing your opinion, then you'll do well. Being able to put yourself in someone else's shoes is also extremely helpful.
Squishy Pixelz
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ForestShadow)
how did you do it :holmes:
I put the bullet points for parable stories in my slip on shoes. Then put quotes in my bra and the collar of my blouse, because who is gonna check there?
ForestShadow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Squishy Pixelz)
I put the bullet points for parable stories in my slip on shoes. Then put quotes in my bra and the collar of my blouse, because who is gonna check there?
did you do that for other exams too? that is pretty clever :lol:
Squishy Pixelz
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ForestShadow)
did you do that for other exams too? that is pretty clever :lol:
No because RE was the only one I was failing . I still failed it but only because I didn’t revise for any of my exams. Got Cs in everything else
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?