Computer Science OCR 9-1 GCSE - Data buses???

Watch
laurenpgreene
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Do we need to know anything about data buses for the new computer science OCR GCSE course?
redblackwhite
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by laurenpgreene)
Do we need to know anything about data buses for the new computer science OCR GCSE course?
Yes as they are apart of the CPU and Fetch, Decode, Execute cycle which is usually a major part and there will most likely be questions about or related to them.
peeked
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm not entirely sure, they don't come up in the CGP guides and the spec is a bit vague, might be a good idea to know some stuff about them.
laurenpgreene
Rep:
?
(Original post by redblackwhite)
Yes as they are apart of the CPU and Fetch, Decode, Execute cycle which is usually a major part and there will most likely be questions about or related to them.
They are not mentioned in the OCR mark scheme for a fetch, decode execute cycle question though? I'll probably learn them anyway
username3766892
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
no i don't think so. for the fetch decode execute cycle you only need to know the von neumann architecture.
redblackwhite
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by laurenpgreene)
They are not mentioned in the OCR mark scheme for a fetch, decode execute cycle question though? I'll probably learn them anyway
Fair enough. Good luck!
laurenpgreene
Rep:
?
(Original post by redblackwhite)
Fair enough. Good luck!
Thanks for your response. Good luck too!
username3908252
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For the data buses you can checkout this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3osm-soT_Lc
laurenpgreene
Rep:
?
(Original post by GVqwWHJC1GRTm43)
For the data buses you can checkout this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3osm-soT_Lc
ah thank you so much!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (593)
34.1%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.95%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.54%

Watched Threads