The Student Room Group

AQA AS Sociology Prediction 2018

Hi guys,

Do you have any predictions for what might come up on Education and Family and also Research Methods (AQA) This is AS, not A-level.

I couldn't find a thread on this so I made one. All of us can discuss together along with revision.I'm wondering if anyone knows what might come up on exams or has your teacher tell you anything?

Scroll to see replies

I think in the education and methods in context paper (paper 1) it will be ethnic differences for the 20 marker as class differences came up in 2016 and gender differences came up in 2017. I also think it may be observation/experiment for the methods in context question as group interviews came up in 2016 and questionnaires in 2017.
hey, i'm also doing sociology at AS, i haven't got any predictions as your guess is just as good as mine, but i just wanted to know how you're revising?? thanks
Original post by emmathedilemma
I think in the education and methods in context paper (paper 1) it will be ethnic differences for the 20 marker as class differences came up in 2016 and gender differences came up in 2017. I also think it may be observation/experiment for the methods in context question as group interviews came up in 2016 and questionnaires in 2017.

Do you have any predictions for paper 2 ???
I'm predicting for the 20 Marker in education it'll be either social policy, functionalism or marxism as all other topics have come up either in the past two years of in the specimen papers and for methods in context probably experiments or official stats or overt observation as none of those have come up yet
Personally I believe that for the 20 marker it’ll be ethnicity, however, they could do us dirty and give us marketisation. Furthermore, for research methods it would most likely either be experiments or observations, but again, they could do us dirty and give us official statistics or even documents !!!!!
I really hope 20marker won't be on marketisation, everyones horrible at it
Original post by dina.yasmin

Same!!! I just hope its ethnicity.
Reply 8
Original post by dina.yasmin

It won't just be on marketisation. If there is a 20 marker to do with it, then it is likely that the question will be based around all social policy, in which you'll have to know and be able to evaluate policys such as marketisation. However it alone could be a 10 marker 🤔
Reply 9
My teacher said that for paper 2, globalisation may come up as it's a new topic and hasn't showed up before.
Whats the best definition of the hidden curriculum?
Original post by YassSalhi
Whats the best definition of the hidden curriculum?

The Hidden Curriculum refers to the unwritten rules, values and normative patterns of behavior which students are expected to conform to and learn while in school.
Examples of things taught through the ‘hidden curriculum include:

•

respecting authority

•

respect for other pupils’ opinions

•

punctuality

•

aspiring to achieve

•

having a ‘work ethic’

I feel like ethnic differences in achievement may come up in some shape or form. Maybe pupil identities too, because It hasn’t come up yet. Hmmm
Theory is more likely to come up, and i think social class as 10marker
Good luck guyssss x
Good luck everyone xx
Reply 16
How did you all find it?
Reply 17
Never waffled so much in my life ahahahaha, wasnt bad though
hahahahahahah it was nice hahahahhha
Ethnic differences came up EYYYY 🎉

The exam was decent ngl

Though struggled with coming up with 3 different examples for the 6 marker. what did you guys write?

Quick Reply

Latest