If I’m stressing this much for GCSEs are A level a bad idea? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So my GCSEs start in 8 days, and last week I was awake the whole night not being able to breathe and everyday I’ve been unable to eat or do anything that distracts my constant thought of exams. I’ve started to workout everyday but I only don’t think about exams when I’m exercising, and the other times I’m either in school or revising and it’s just a constant stress and my body feels extremely fatigued. Are a levels a bad idea if I can’t even deal with GCSEs? Or does it just come naturally to deal with it? I’m really scared I’m making myself ill/ going to make myself ill. The teachers are no help which is why I am starting to hate school because all they do is stress everyone out and every lesson I see atleast one person breakdown. Can anyone reassure me that they were like this at GCSE but did a levels and are okay??
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Discrepancy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So my GCSEs start in 8 days, and last week I was awake the whole night not being able to breathe and everyday I’ve been unable to eat or do anything that distracts my constant thought of exams. I’ve started to workout everyday but I only don’t think about exams when I’m exercising, and the other times I’m either in school or revising and it’s just a constant stress and my body feels extremely fatigued. Are a levels a bad idea if I can’t even deal with GCSEs? Or does it just come naturally to deal with it? I’m really scared I’m making myself ill/ going to make myself ill. The teachers are no help which is why I am starting to hate school because all they do is stress everyone out and every lesson I see atleast one person breakdown. Can anyone reassure me that they were like this at GCSE but did a levels and are okay??
Honestly, the worst part of A-Levels is when your mock grades get sent to universities. And writing a personal statement for unis. But my teacher said something that I don’t know if any one says, but she said “A-levels aren’t for everyone”. You will naturally cope but I kind of wished someone told me.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by TheAlchemistress)
Honestly, the worst part of A-Levels is when your mock grades get sent to universities. And writing a personal statement for unis. But my teacher said something that I don’t know if any one says, but she said “A-levels aren’t for everyone”. You will naturally cope but I kind of wished someone told me.
What a levels do you take??
Discrepancy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What a levels do you take??
English Literature
Art
Geography
BTAnonymous
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Chill please. GCSEs are not a death sentance, neither are A Levels.

A Levels aren't even that bad as people say they are. People say they're hard because they employ the poor revision strategies they used at GCSE; GCSEs are quite frankly a joke and are used mainly for stats for high schools.

If you actually sit down and try to appreciate the subject content when studying your A Levels, it's a lot easier and it helps if you revise constantly and consistently.

Why are you panicking so much about GCSEs? Honestly, they're bullsh**.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by BTAnonymous)
Chill please. GCSEs are not a death sentance, neither are A Levels.

A Levels aren't even that bad as people say they are. People say they're hard because they employ the poor revision strategies they used at GCSE; GCSEs are quite frankly a joke and are used mainly for stats for high schools.

If you actually sit down and try to appreciate the subject content when studying your A Levels, it's a lot easier and it helps if you revise constantly and consistently.

Why are you panicking so much about GCSEs? Honestly, they're bullsh**.
Im not panicking about GCSEs, but my teachers are putting so much pressure on us all at the moment it’s hard not to be stressed when you’re being constantly told you’re gonna fail, you need to be revising every minute of your life and that these exams are gonna be life or death cause you’re gonna live on the streets if you don’t pass.
Mrs.Grey
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
boy I cried everyday because of my GCSEs, I could barely sleep and trust me A levels hasn't affected me like that.
tgriff
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
English Literature
Art
Geography
What examboard for geography?
Discrepancy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tgriff)
What examboard for geography?
Edexcel.
tgriff
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Edexcel.
Omg same. How are you coping with that because I’m literally so stressed
Appazap
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Im not panicking about GCSEs, but my teachers are putting so much pressure on us all at the moment it’s hard not to be stressed when you’re being constantly told you’re gonna fail, you need to be revising every minute of your life and that these exams are gonna be life or death cause you’re gonna live on the streets if you don’t pass.
Yep, sounds so much like my school. A levels are stressful but, you can do it! Rubbish teachers etc will put you down but as long as you believe in yourself, thats all that matters. Prove them wrong!
BTAnonymous
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
don't listen to our teachers. putting unnecessary pressure on you and this: "gonna live on the streets if you don’t pass" is bullsh**.

Do you actually really believe that is the case? If so, then why aren't our streets full with homeless people?
Discrepancy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tgriff)
Omg same. How are you coping with that because I’m literally so stressed
I’m good, I already have my revision planned out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
18.82%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
10.06%
No I am happy with my course choice (397)
57.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (98)
14.08%

Watched Threads