The Student Room Group

How to grow taller ?

I am 16 years old and I want to grow taller. Any tips please
Eat well. Sleep well. Exercise.
Reply 2
exercise, get adequate sleep and eat right
You’re only 16, you grow for 2-5 years and you usuallly stop growing as you are 19/20, some even 21. I wouldn’t worry about it, bc most people tend to grow taller in the latter years of puberty.

Eat well, sleep properly, exercise, that’s all I can really say.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous

Consider how tall your parents are and how tall you are now. If you're around the same height as them, you're unlikely to grow any more. If you're a few inches shorter, you'll probably grow a bit more in the next few years. Make sure you eat well, exercise and get good sleep and you wont' hinder your growth.
I heard you need to go to the Himalayas and offer a sacrifice of your hair (preferably remove all) to the Himalayan yeti god. Santa will gift you with height.

Thank me later.
It's mostly genetics unfortunately, however a well balanced diet will for sure give you an inch or two.
mfw im 5'5 and just a bit taller than my parents. rip.

Are you a male or female? Females stop growing before makes usually, you can use height calculators online for an estimate of what you should be, but there's no use for that, you can go to the doctors to see if your growth has stopped but after that you can't grow any more.
Even if you still have growing left, you can't control it, since its mostly genetic sleeping well will mean it is more likely to happen or happen earlier since growth hormone is released then but you can't do anything else.
I wish I knew the answer to that, my friend. I kept growing until I reached 5'11, until God decided that I didn't deserve to be six foot, and just stopped my growth entirely. To this day I've been trying to find a way to grow another inch but I've lost all hope now.
mfw im 5'5 and just a bit taller than my parents. rip.

Are you male or female?
I was 4ft11 and grew to 5ft1. When I was around 4.10 I thought I'd stop growing since I was 16 and a girl and Asian. But I took up swimming and I shot up and grew bigger shoulders and torso. Swimming can make you taller very fast. All professional swimmers are even tall as well. I would stay away from strength exercises though as it might make you disproportionate (short but stocky, like a square)
Original post by ddsizebra
I was 4ft11 and grew to 5ft1. When I was around 4.10 I thought I'd stop growing since I was 16 and a girl and Asian. But I took up swimming and I shot up and grew bigger shoulders and torso. Swimming can make you taller very fast. All professional swimmers are even tall as well. I would stay away from strength exercises though as it might make you disproportionate (short but stocky, like a square)

Sports neither increases height or decreases height, people are tall in certain sports because they need to be and they have a huge advantage so that's what makes them better and if they were shorter might not have done it.

You might think the growth was from swimming because it happened at the same time naturally making it seem like it was because of the swimming. Sports can make shoulders or torso bigger and improve posture but not longer or increase height.

Quick Reply

Latest