The Student Room Group

can i do IB instead of A level and still get into medical school?

hi,
i am currently starting my gcse's but i like to plan ahead. i want to be a psychiatrist when i am older and want to study psychology. i want to do the IB because of the psychology and the volunteering stuff but i am concerned that medical schools will only look for A levels. i don't really mind if i study in the UK or abroad, but i just want to know if this can work and if any medical schools will accept this.( i will also do all the other sciences in IB.)
Original post by Amarachi IB
hi,
i am currently starting my gcse's but i like to plan ahead. i want to be a psychiatrist when i am older and want to study psychology. i want to do the IB because of the psychology and the volunteering stuff but i am concerned that medical schools will only look for A levels. i don't really mind if i study in the UK or abroad, but i just want to know if this can work and if any medical schools will accept this.( i will also do all the other sciences in IB.)

IB is an acceptable qualification for uk medical schools. I've seen several discussions that suggest its very hard to achieve the IB grades required and possibly a harder route therefore than A levels.
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
IB is an acceptable qualification for uk medical schools. I've seen several discussions that suggest its very hard to achieve the IB grades required and possibly a harder route therefore than A levels.

thnk, i will consider this for future:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest