Writing a Screenplay

Watch
WolfofGatsby
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So, I love writing screenplays and just letting out my ideas for a show or movie onto a page. It's something I'm very passionate about and love doing so it would be a dream to screen write professionally in the future. Is there any way that I could make my work known?
SpacePatroFan189
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Can't think exactly how mate, as I'm burnt out at the moment, but I too have such a passion. Are you doing A-Level Film Studies or a similar course? For my coursework, we had to write a screenplay and I got 56/60 on mine and nominated for the best screenplay award
WolfofGatsby
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by SpacePatroFan189)
Can't think exactly how mate, as I'm burnt out at the moment, but I too have such a passion. Are you doing A-Level Film Studies or a similar course? For my coursework, we had to write a screenplay and I got 56/60 on mine and nominated for the best screenplay award
That's so cool man, I've done some research and all I've found out is entering competitions or getting an agent which as you might imagine, would be pretty tough. Unfortunately not, my school doesn't offer A-level Film Studies It offers Media Studies but that's more to do with Magazines and Newspapers. That's actually so insane, well done mate! What was it about?
SpacePatroFan189
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by WolfofGatsby)
That's so cool man, I've done some research and all I've found out is entering competitions or getting an agent which as you might imagine, would be pretty tough. Unfortunately not, my school doesn't offer A-level Film Studies It offers Media Studies but that's more to do with Magazines and Newspapers. That's actually so insane, well done mate! What was it about?
Sorry for the late reply; my script was for the opening sequence of a feature (it was only 1300 words long I believe). It was a horror/sci-fi based on a true event which occured in 1952, in West Virginia. You can read about it here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatwoods_monster
Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
Woah that is amazingg. Do u mind posting it please so I can read it to see what a top grade screenplay looks likeCan’t find anywhere online! Will be so much help!
SpacePatroFan189
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Woah that is amazingg. Do u mind posting it please so I can read it to see what a top grade screenplay looks likeCan’t find anywhere online! Will be so much help!
Erm...I was 17 when I last posted in this thread XD I'm nearly 20 now and have written much better screenplays. One of my most recent ones was actually published on my University's creative writing blog. As that's in the public domain anyway I could certainly send you a link to that one if you like? Surprised to see this thread dug up, but hey - whatever you need to help you out
Last edited by SpacePatroFan189; 3 months ago
Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
Erm...I was 17 when I last posted in this thread XD I'm nearly 20 now and have written much better screenplays. One of my most recent ones was actually published on my University's creative writing blog. As that's in the public domain anyway I could certainly send you a link to that one if you like? Surprised to see this thread dug up, but hey - whatever you need to help you out
Yes please do! Anything to help. And sorry I didn’t even look at the date it was posted! My bad
SpacePatroFan189
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yes please do! Anything to help. And sorry I didn’t even look at the date it was posted! My bad
Yeah, crazy how much life can change in 3 years XD Anyway, here's that link I mentioned, enjoy:

https://www.theeldonreview.com/fear-the-void
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (46)
15.13%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (97)
31.91%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (38)
12.5%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (26)
8.55%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.59%
I think it's an unfair expectation (77)
25.33%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
0.99%

Watched Threads