Turn on thread page Beta

National Crime Agency Trainee Intelligence/Investigator watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babs1983)
    Same here shakers33. What area are you applying for? Im scotland but it doesnt have a specific location so wondering where the hell i could end up potentially haha
    I've applied for the North West. Scotland is a big place, that's a bit of a logistical nightmare that you could end up anywhere!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy Moo)
    It’s interesting how I applied for a support officer role and all stages of the recruitment process have been without any human interaction... application form, online tests, and then video interview.. kind of even disappointing, as I won’t even know what to expect if I get the job (although that is highly unlikely so nvm 😂 )

Good luck everyone!
    I completely undersold myself in the video interview. Practically burst out laughing after it ended. Never had a video interview before and definitely find them awkward and a bit alien.

Just waiting for the rejection email now :colonhash:

ReputationRep:
    Hope everyone waiting get the assessment centre dates this week!

Good luck all 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vexper)
    I completely undersold myself in the video interview. Practically burst out laughing after it ended. Never had a video interview before and definitely find them awkward and a bit alien.

Just waiting for the rejection email now :colonhash:
    I've applied for the trainee role. What sort of things did you get asked in your interview?

ReputationRep:
    2 further weeks until we get an interview date 😊

ReputationRep:
    Going off the usual Civil Service format, it will likely be an assessment of the same competencies as what you had to write for the initial application, but asked a certain way e.g. for ‘Leading and Communicating’ they might say something like ‘tell me about a time when you had to convince others about a decision you made’. The trick is to work out what competency they are asking you to demonstrate, learn and remember to incorporate the positive indicators for that competency when answering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shell_xx_shell)
    2 further weeks until we get an interview date 😊
    Interview or assessment centre?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shakers33)
    Interview or assessment centre?
    Both - they happen at the same time 😂
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shell_xx_shell)
    Both - they happen at the same time 😂
    Haha ok, thought as much. Is the assessment centre role plays etc? Like a police assessment centre?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shakers33)
    Haha ok, thought as much. Is the assessment centre role plays etc? Like a police assessment centre?
    I have no idea - I’m waiting as well. Some assessment centres are different. My last one was a written task, a group task and a 1-2-1 interview.
    But there is literally no information anywhere about NCA which is possible due to the nature of the work / job / organisation - good luck
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Well they're certainly taking their time.. anyone heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJM13)
    Well they're certainly taking their time.. anyone heard anything?
    Nothing as yet

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same! I did pretty bad, don’t even know why, I wasn’t too nervous and had ideas... maybe cause it was a new and weird experience 😁 Where have you applied for? I am just hoping they’re desperate enough to hire me now 😂 if not, I guess there’s always next time! But fingers crossed we’re just too harsh on ourselves 👍🏻
    I've only ever had regular/panel interviews before and I feel a lot more comfortable having another person to bounce off. Sitting there in my bedroom talking to a camera whilst a timer is ticking down is just... uncomfortable - and not even a demonstration of being able to actually speak to a real person. Deep down I wanted my dog to walk in and start barking at me just to finish it off.

I applied mainly for the north to midland roles available - North West priority. I live in the North East. I do find the role and potential responsibilities really interesting and I'll be sad if I don't get offered anything despite probably not deserving it!

ReputationRep:
    I’d say we did our best considering all the circumstances like it being our first video interviews etc, so let’s hope they like us for who we are like yourself I’m very interested and I’ll certainly keep trying if I’m not successful this time, let’s just hope they recruit often 👀
    Have you heard anything back yet?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard about interviews for the trainee post? Not heard a peep since the last email almost 2 weeks ago saying there was a delay and they would get back to us in 2 weeks. Thought it might have been today. Probs monday now.

ReputationRep:
    Still haven't heard anything, they're taking their time with this!

ReputationRep:
    Indeed they are. Its quite frustrating. Hope we get good notice to organise time off for interview. I work shifts so can be a nightmare

ReputationRep:
    No, you? 👀
    Nope. I emailed recruitment and they got back to me saying it'll take a few more weeks....

ReputationRep:
    Have the people who have mentioned waiting for interviews been to the assessment centre? I attended back in June but haven’t heard anything since then?

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting for a date for the assessment centre!

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.