Announcements

ReputationRep:
    me also
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Me too!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy Moo)
    Oh come on... you know in the e-mail we got sent about the interview it says “We will review applications as they arrive, so to improve your chances we encourage you complete this interview as soon as possible. ” but never mind 👀 I’ll just assume I didn’t get it, easier that way lol and probably is true anyway 😶
    Emailed them again. Still no concrete time-frame for a proper update.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy Moo)
    Still nothing I assume? What exactly have they been saying?
    They may as well have told me they'll get back to me next year.

Just that they're still looking into it. Last update was 'couple of weeks'. Yeah, it's gone past a couple of weeks. NCA/Home Office are frustrating to apply for.

ReputationRep:
    I emailed this week and got the answer of how long is a piece of string basically. Frustrating but i will tough it out as really want this job.

ReputationRep:
    I've been chasing this too, I was at assessment in June and was told on the day that they'd get back to us within two weeks.

It's now approaching two months, and nothing has been said. I have been chasing the recruiting officers and have had positive communication with them. "We're very sorry, there is a lot of vetting to do and there have been delays", "We hope to have word in a couple more weeks".

Last week I chased again, four weeks after being told two more weeks and was told to stop contacting them, they would tell me when they tell me, no decisions have been made.

At least they're not fobbing me off.

I've just re-read some of these posts... they're still interviewing? Is it the same window, or a new one that's come up?

ReputationRep:
    I am genuinely expecting to be given an answer about a week before the start date at this point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McGrubbin)
    I've been chasing this too, I was at assessment in June and was told on the day that they'd get back to us within two weeks.

It's now approaching two months, and nothing has been said. I have been chasing the recruiting officers and have had positive communication with them. "We're very sorry, there is a lot of vetting to do and there have been delays", "We hope to have word in a couple more weeks".

Last week I chased again, four weeks after being told two more weeks and was told to stop contacting them, they would tell me when they tell me, no decisions have been made.

At least they're not fobbing me off.

I've just re-read some of these posts... they're still interviewing? Is it the same window, or a new one that's come up?
    It's the the same recruitment window. They split the assessment centre up into 2 groups the second group haven't had theirs yet.

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering anyone know when trainees are supposed to officially start their training? If not, any ideas?..

ReputationRep:
    October. So they could theoretically not tell us until late September.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJM13)
    October. So they could theoretically not tell us until late September.
    When and where did you find out about the training start date?

ReputationRep:
    Im still waiting on my interview dates so not hopeful of an oct start seeing as u need to wait to get clearance etc after an offer. And they are dragging their heels! 😔

ReputationRep:
    Considering all the delays, I also have doubts that it will start in October..
    I feel like it may even come to January..

ReputationRep:
    On the chance i am successful i was hoping to be away from the scottish prison service before our smoking ban comes into effect in nov lol. Its going to be carnage in an already sinkin ship!

ReputationRep:
    Hi , I am late to this thread but I have too applied for this role . I am also in the same position been waiting for months for an interview date ! I am in Scotland so I have no idea if I will need to travel for this assessment day or not ! Needing to book time off work so needing to know answers too .

ReputationRep:
    Also do you know how many people they are recruiting ? And are there positions available in Scotland too ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rmcqu12)
    Also do you know how many people they are recruiting ? And are there positions available in Scotland too ?
    I was told at interview that they'd ideally like to recruit everyone that's interviewing. Whether that was schpeil or not, we shall see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elpick)
    I asked and was told it would be maximim 65-70 people they could recruit.
    How many people were being interviewed when you had yours?

ReputationRep:
    It seems to be a very long drawn out process!

I suppose I'm just glad that I'm part of the group that haven't yet been interviewed! The wait would be killing me if I'd had to go through it all and still not know!!!

ReputationRep:
    I thought at the assessment centres there would be hundreds of us and then they narrow down who they want to interview on that day ?

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.