Is 14 too late to join ACF cadets and whats the physical like to join Harrogate?

Watch
username3947170
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am 14 as of now, signed up for the cadets ( a tad too late). I am also a female. I have sights to sign up for Harrogate after my GCSEs, but really worried about the physical. Any ideas or what is required at the initial PT entry test?
Ayaa929
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Twilightingale)
I am 14 as of now, signed up for the cadets ( a tad too late). I am also a female. I have sights to sign up for Harrogate after my GCSEs, but really worried about the physical. Any ideas or what is required at the initial PT entry test?
Whats cadets?
username3947170
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Ayaa929)
Whats cadets?
Army cadets
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not too late at all.

Not much, they know you're kids. It'll be the standard fitness test (bleep test / mile and a half run, press ups, sit ups) but with a diminished requirement.

Contact them for more info.

There's also an armed forces careers forum. Check there for other threads about the AFC.
Ayaa929
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Army cadets
Alright well to be on the safe side contact them!
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks for the info, any numbers maybe? I have been using a Smart Wonder Core machine to do my sit ups and press ups, but can't do without, might hit the gymn. Though I have been running at least 1.5 km every evening so far with increasing distance.
Nothing off the top of my head.

Just practise. Start low, get better. Don't use physical aids.
JackInTheUSSR
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The PT requirements depend on what role you do with paras being the most intense, Junior Soldier PT requirements are slightly easier to achieve. The link gives some more info on each of the tests and how you can train for them
http://armyfitnesstest.co.uk/trainin...fitness-tests/
Kez O’Hara
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I know this post is a year old I’m 14 of posting This now if you are in Harrogate atm could you help me with a couple questions?
username3947170
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've decided not to go to Harrogate or pursue a career in the military due to backlash from my family
Kez O’Hara
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Heavy that mate sorry to hear but when your 18 you can legally join without parents consent but if I was you is to try to bargain with your parents
Kez O’Hara
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This app is s h I t e to talk on you got IG or anything to talk on
username3947170
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kez O’Hara)
Heavy that mate sorry to hear but when your 18 you can legally join without parents consent but if I was you is to try to bargain with your parents
It's fine. I'm wanting to take a public services course in college and that is still proving to be a challenge. Ive given up on the military dream and am looking to become a police officer or a detective instead
Kez O’Hara
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why not armed police of CTSFO
username3947170
Rep:
?
Im in ACF now, and I'm starting to loose that motivation and purpose of being a cadet. I don't think the military is the way for me tbf
Kez O’Hara
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was in cadets I got put in a **** group full of special snowflakes n stuff
Talon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by username3947170)
Im in ACF now, and I'm starting to loose that motivation and purpose of being a cadet. I don't think the military is the way for me tbf
There is more to being a cadet than joining the Army. What about it don't you enjoy? Are you taking advantage of all the right opportunities? What sort of things do you like doing?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (21)
18.26%
I'm not sure (2)
1.74%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (34)
29.57%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.61%
I'm not a current university student (55)
47.83%

Watched Threads