The Student Room Group

Is 14 too late to join ACF cadets and whats the physical like to join Harrogate?

I am 14 as of now, signed up for the cadets ( a tad too late). I am also a female. I have sights to sign up for Harrogate after my GCSEs, but really worried about the physical. Any ideas or what is required at the initial PT entry test?
Reply 1
Original post by Twilightingale
I am 14 as of now, signed up for the cadets ( a tad too late). I am also a female. I have sights to sign up for Harrogate after my GCSEs, but really worried about the physical. Any ideas or what is required at the initial PT entry test?

Whats cadets?
Original post by Ayaa929
Whats cadets?

Army cadets
Reply 3

Not too late at all.

Not much, they know you're kids. It'll be the standard fitness test (bleep test / mile and a half run, press ups, sit ups) but with a diminished requirement.

Contact them for more info.

There's also an armed forces careers forum. Check there for other threads about the AFC.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Army cadets

Alright well to be on the safe side contact them!
Reply 5
Thanks for the info, any numbers maybe? I have been using a Smart Wonder Core machine to do my sit ups and press ups, but can't do without, might hit the gymn. Though I have been running at least 1.5 km every evening so far with increasing distance.

Nothing off the top of my head.

Just practise. Start low, get better. Don't use physical aids.
The PT requirements depend on what role you do with paras being the most intense, Junior Soldier PT requirements are slightly easier to achieve. The link gives some more info on each of the tests and how you can train for them :smile:
http://armyfitnesstest.co.uk/training-guide/soldier-fitness-tests/
I know this post is a year old I’m 14 of posting This now if you are in Harrogate atm could you help me with a couple questions?
I've decided not to go to Harrogate or pursue a career in the military due to backlash from my family
Heavy that mate sorry to hear but when your 18 you can legally join without parents consent but if I was you is to try to bargain with your parents
This app is s h I t e to talk on you got IG or anything to talk on
Original post by Kez O’Hara
Heavy that mate sorry to hear but when your 18 you can legally join without parents consent but if I was you is to try to bargain with your parents

It's fine. I'm wanting to take a public services course in college and that is still proving to be a challenge. Ive given up on the military dream and am looking to become a police officer or a detective instead
Why not armed police of CTSFO
Im in ACF now, and I'm starting to loose that motivation and purpose of being a cadet. I don't think the military is the way for me tbf
I was in cadets I got put in a **** group full of special snowflakes n stuff
Reply 15
Original post by username3947170
Im in ACF now, and I'm starting to loose that motivation and purpose of being a cadet. I don't think the military is the way for me tbf

There is more to being a cadet than joining the Army. What about it don't you enjoy? Are you taking advantage of all the right opportunities? What sort of things do you like doing?

Quick Reply

Latest