buxtonevian
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have a GCSE Spanish Writing or Physics (depending on the day) Exam on Eid.
What should I do? What is everyone else doing?
Wolfram Alpha
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I cannot relate to this but anyone with common sense would not even need to pose this question, Exams take priority, any sort of religious celebration does not. Missing this celebration won't impact on your life whereas your GCSEs potentially could.
TGC2002
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by buxtonevian)
Well, personally I am going to the exam, then come home and then celebrate, most likely it will be Physics for me as it is my last exam.
a_n_j_u_m
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm attending my exam seeing as they're both morning exams so i won't be missing that much eid. If eid is on spanish then i will spend the rest of the day revising physics
Adriána
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am Muslim and I would do my exam and then come home to celebrate Eid. It’s an exam which will have an impact on your entire future, whereas eid can be celebrated for three days! Hope this helps ☺️
Mrs.Grey
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TGC2002)
Well, personally I am going to the exam, then come home and then celebrate, most likely it will be Physics for me as it is my last exam.
I'd recommend everyone to do this. The exam is only a few hours. Please everyone try not to stress and to remain optimistic if it is Eid.
Medicmba
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
come on, i'm doing my A levels and fasted throughout GCSE exams and will have the same issue with Eid and exams this year- Use you common sense and go to your exam, Eid doesn't mean you gotta ruin your future, celebrate after your exam and inshAllah you'll feel better for it as well
good luck
buxtonevian
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wolfram Alpha)
I cannot relate to this but anyone with common sense would not even need to pose this question, Exams take priority, any sort of religious celebration does not. Missing this celebration won't impact on your life whereas your GCSEs potentially could.
On eid, you have to pray in the morning, thats partly why i was asking, i didn't intend on saying i was thinking about missing the exam.
buxtonevian
Rep:
?
(Original post by Medicmba)
come on, i'm doing my A levels and fasted throughout GCSE exams and will have the same issue with Eid and exams this year- Use you common sense and go to your exam, Eid doesn't mean you gotta ruin your future, celebrate after your exam and inshAllah you'll feel better for it as well
good luck
I meant the question for Eid prayers.
Ray_Shadows
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Mrs.Grey)
I'd recommend everyone to do this. The exam is only a few hours. Please everyone try not to stress and to remain optimistic if it is Eid.
just on a sidenote , do you get anything for eid

case i don't
dude101010
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
there are 3 days of EID.

(Original post by Medicmba)
good luck
What this guy said is absolutely right.
inshallah, u will pass your exam. good luck!
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My muslim friends at uni (quite a few) see it as God would be just as disatisfied if you failed an exam as if you missed one day due to it...
Mrs.Grey
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ray_Shadows)
just on a sidenote , do you get anything for eid

case i don't
brudda you're just a troll innit so don't mention me.
Ray_Shadows
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Mrs.Grey)
brudda you're just a troll innit so don't mention me.
srsly , from muslim to another i ask you a question and that's the response i get.....
Estrella_218
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
assalamu Alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu.

u can give ur exam and then celebrate eid.
and as far as for that depending on the day for physics, prepare it beforehand so that if it may come on eid day..... u simply just go and take the exam and not spend the rest of time of eid celebration in reviewing notes and all as u would had studied before...... plz tell me if this helps u.....hope it may help

may Allah SWT grant you success in both worlds, this and the hereafter

best of luck for ur exams and one more thing......recite: Ya-Mutakabbir before taking exam. reciting this name of Allah SWT makes us successful in our doing/work.

Assalamu Alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu.
madzrahman
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah I have Physics on the 15th as well. I’d be attending my exam of course as it holds priority whereas Eid can still be celebrated after your exam anyways

[EDIT]: Just read the rest of the thread, Looking at the exam is at 9 because its a morning exam, its a bit tricky tbh considering that a lot of jama’ahs are at that time. But to stay safe? Don’t risk it. Do your exam because you have a legitimate excuse. Islam isn’t strict upon this to say that you have to sacrifice everything in your life for religion. Read this for confirmation:

1 – that Eid prayer is Sunnah mu’akkadah (a confirmed Sunnah). This is the view of Imam Maalik and Imam al-Shaafa’i.

2 – that it is a communal obligation. This is the view of Imam Ahmad (may Allaah have mercy on him).

3 – that it is a duty for each Muslim and is obligatory for men; those who do not do it with no excuse are sinning thereby. This is the view of Imam Abu Haneefah (may Allaah have mercy on him), and was also narrated from Imam Ahmad. Among those who favoured this view were Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah and al-Shawkaani (may Allaah have mercy on them).
TGC2002
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by madzrahman)
Yeah I have Physics on the 15th as well. I’d be attending my exam of course as it holds priority whereas Eid can still be celebrated after your exam anyways
Bottom-line is that you dont have to miss your exam just for Eid. Sure, you may miss Eid prayers in the morning but it has to be done. After all, after the exam you can celebrate when you get back.

Good Luck on all of your exams!
PurpleCat4
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
the physics exam is a morning one so you can sit your exam then come home in time for lunch to celebrate it.
akramsid
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi/Assalamu alaikum

As you are probably aware, Eid is on Friday, but lucky enough there are many mosques who do Eid Salat early and late. By this I mean that Physics is only a 1hr long paper and you should be done by 10am. This leaves you the opportunity to either go to Eid prayer early in the morning at 5/6am depending on the mosque or some mosques such as Regents Park and East London do prayers at 11am as well which is after the exam so you won't be stressed.

This is assuming you live in London, please check your local mosque times wherever you live and I'm sure you will find something. The ruling for Eid salat is that it is compulsory for every man and the prophet (pbuh) also encouraged women to attend Eid prayer. HOWEVER, if there is a legitimate excuse (such as an exam) then it is not required for you to attend Eid salat. Saying this, you should make the effort to attend it as it has been made possible with the various different prayer timings which are not in the space of your exam.

To sum up, many mosques have different prayer timings, so you should be able to attend salat either before or after your exam, but try your best to attend it even though not compulsory with a legitimate excuse such as an exam.

Eid Mubarak and good luck with your exam
mtawafi
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Its not that deep dw just revise for your exams, and I only have physics in the morning so I am just coming home and then celebrating...its actually good that our last exam is on eid because its a true time to celebrate as it is the end of exams as well as eid!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (68)
18.58%
Virtual accommodation tour (53)
14.48%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.64%
Video content about the local area (4)
1.09%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.01%
Taster lectures or seminars (79)
21.58%
Speak to current students studying my course (83)
22.68%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (16)
4.37%
Fun online activities or experiences (13)
3.55%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.19%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.64%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (8)
2.19%

Watched Threads