The Student Room Group

Help - career advice needed!

Hi,
I'm in year 12
Studying A level: Psychology, English Literature and History

I have no idea what career i want to go into at all and I'm freaking out because I need to find work experience ASAP

At first I wanted to go into psychology and become a clinical psychologist but some have said that it is a very long process and unless I'm brilliantly academic (which sadly I'm not... did get A*- C though)

What other IN DEMAND careers could I go into with my A levels???

Any ideas?

They don't have to be directly linked to my A levels but they need to be hands on (I like go get involved so no boring office work) and have a suitable salary

Thanks
Teaching? You could use the psychology to get into early years or history/English to do primary? Maybe social work using psychology?
Original post by karen193
Teaching? You could use the psychology to get into early years or history/English to do primary? Maybe social work using psychology?

I don't really want to do teaching
The job is in demand to say the least but does not offer many additional benefits alongside the low salary...

I've had enough of studying at school myself and don't think I could stand going back there later to teach LOL

Anything else?

Thanks anyways. Appreciate it!
Original post by Ariel2611
I don't really want to do teaching
The job is in demand to say the least but does not offer many additional benefits alongside the low salary...

I've had enough of studying at school myself and don't think I could stand going back there later to teach LOL

Anything else?

Thanks anyways. Appreciate it!

Fair point. Sorry, it was the only thing I could think off. Do you have a careers teacher you could maybe discuss options with ?
Here's some other ideas:

- a councillor
- play therapist
- advice worker
- public relations officer or something in advertising ?
Original post by karen193
Here's some other ideas:

- a councillor
- play therapist
- advice worker
- public relations officer or something in advertising ?

Thank you very much for all of your suggestions!
I do have a careers teacher but she is not good at her job at all and is not very helpful sadly

I was thinking of doing English at Uni and then going into marketing maybe...

Don't know...

Thanks
Original post by Ariel2611
Thank you very much for all of your suggestions!
I do have a careers teacher but she is not good at her job at all and is not very helpful sadly

I was thinking of doing English at Uni and then going into marketing maybe...

Don't know...

Thanks

All careers teachers are the same. I have to literally hunt mine down. He's never there. They are paid for crushing dreams and hopes. My best friend is going into pr and communication, she's really excited for uni now 😂
Bump

Quick Reply

Latest