AQA Drama 8261/W - 18 May 2018 [Exam discussion]

Watch
Melloww
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have my drama exam in 3 weeks, but I'm not sure how much detail I should go in, in component 1. I'm studying the crucible by the way and it's the new spec . Any help would be great thanks.
username3626988
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Melloww)
I have my drama exam in 3 weeks, but I'm not sure how much detail I should go in, in component 1. I'm studying the crucible by the way and it's the new spec . Any help would be great thanks.
I get what you mean
I'm doing blood brothers. Component 1 is where there's 4qs on an extract right?
Melloww
Rep:
?
(Original post by princesslife)
I get what you mean
I'm doing blood brothers. Component 1 is where there's 4qs on an extract right?
Yes. I went aqa' s website and they had 1 exemplar essay. It's so frustrating
Ayms4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Melloww)
Yes. I went aqa' s website and they had 1 exemplar essay. It's so frustrating
I feel your guys' pain. I'm doing noughts and crosses and my hand kills from all the practice questions 😭
username3766892
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
have your teachers predicted what you got in component 2 and 3? if so can you please tell me so i can see how i'm doing thanks.
username3626988
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by HALLEitzMeSam)
have your teachers predicted what you got in component 2 and 3? if so can you please tell me so i can see how i'm doing thanks.

i'm not really sure what my teachers have predicted for component 2 + 3.

For component 1, you just have to put a lot of details in each individual action and explain effects and intentions and so on
Do you guys have any tips for getting full marks in getting q3 or 4??
username3766892
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i'm not really sure what my teachers have predicted for component 2 + 3.

For component 1, you just have to put a lot of details in each individual action and explain effects and intentions and so on
Do you guys have any tips for getting full marks in getting q3 or 4??

idk if it helps but for q3 and 4, do what you said about being very very incredibly detailed and specific and explaining effects on audience, analyse a lot, throw in some context. write about 3 paragraphs for q3 and 4 for q4.
username3626988
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
idk if it helps but for q3 and 4, do what you said about being very very incredibly detailed and specific and explaining effects on audience, analyse a lot, throw in some context. write about 3 paragraphs for q3 and 4 for q4.

tysm!! I try to write in detail but some parts i just can't write in a lot of detail
username3766892
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
tysm!! I try to write in detail but some parts i just can't write in a lot of detail
i don't think it's really about writing in a lot of detail but more about just being very specific cuz if you look at the sample answers, it constantly mentions marks awarded for 'precise details', so for example, if you were to say you would have an angry facial expression, specify if you're gonna frown or the eye contact you would make etc.

also, like how in literature you analyse a quote and then zoom in on one word, try to do that but for dramatic techniques.

good luck on your exam.
username3626988
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i don't think it's really about writing in a lot of detail but more about just being very specific cuz if you look at the sample answers, it constantly mentions marks awarded for 'precise details', so for example, if you were to say you would have an angry facial expression, specify if you're gonna frown or the eye contact you would make etc.

also, like how in literature you analyse a quote and then zoom in on one word, try to do that but for dramatic techniques.

good luck on your exam.

thanks so much! I never thought about it like that
username3766892
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
thanks so much! I never thought about it like that
Np
Phoenix181
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's basically an english exam on movement. Also try and think about facial expressions
username3626988
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
good luck everyone for chem tomozzles and drama on friday!!!!
Melloww
Rep:
?
good luck everyone for chem tomozzles and drama on friday!!!!

Thanks, you toooooo!!!!!!!
xxxooo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone got any predictions on the acting question for live theatre? Do you think it will be the same as the specimen?
username3626988
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by xxxooo)
Anyone got any predictions on the acting question for live theatre? Do you think it will be the same as the specimen?
yh it probs will be v. similar cos they can't ask anything specific like describe how the actors present tension or comedy or whatever. cos everyone's focusing on different live theatres so it will be v. vague like the specimen, which is good cos then you can basically plan it at home and just write it up in the exams whoopp whooopppp

Im not 100% sure tho but fingers crossed
Phoenix181
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by xxxooo)
It will either be:

Analyse one or more actors and the characters they portrayed in ONE scene or section

OR

Analyse one actor and how they developed their character throughout the whole play

So multiple actors in one scene or one actor in the whole play
L17251
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone got any predictions for the design question (3rd question) for live theatre? The specimen paper was costume but does anyone know what it could be?
mamasaywhatnow
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by L17251)
Anyone got any predictions for the design question (3rd question) for live theatre? The specimen paper was costume but does anyone know what it could be?
don't we get the choice of the three questions?
username3626988
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mamasaywhatnow)
don't we get the choice of the three questions?
yh that's what i thought
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (727)
33.8%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (921)
42.82%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (408)
18.97%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed