The Student Room Group

AQA Drama 8261/W - 18 May 2018 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

You do get a choice but acting is always there and then it's another 2 out of costume, sound, set, lighting
Also how do you do the design question in component two?
Original post by princesslife
yh it probs will be v. similar cos they can't ask anything specific like describe how the actors present tension or comedy or whatever. cos everyone's focusing on different live theatres so it will be v. vague like the specimen, which is good cos then you can basically plan it at home and just write it up in the exams whoopp whooopppp

Im not 100% sure tho but fingers crossed

It will probably not be simple because they are expecting everyone to do that. I would expect a really retarded question for the 32 marker tomorrow.
I actually don't know how to write in drama. Whenever I write it sounds so shite and unrealistic. I've adopted the ******** strategy of just making everything up and not worrying if it's realistic or not.
Original post by AJFreeney
It will probably not be simple because they are expecting everyone to do that. I would expect a really retarded question for the 32 marker tomorrow.

yh i know it won't be simple. i just said that it has to be similar to the questions before
Will the Section C design question always be to support the action? I can't think of anything else it could be.
Original post by Phoenix181
You do get a choice but acting is always there and then it's another 2 out of costume, sound, set, lighting

are you 100% sure acting is always there? because if only design comes up i'm screwed. i heard my teacher saying that one year there was just design questions.
Reply 27
Original post by Phoenix181
It will either be:

Analyse one or more actors and the characters they portrayed in ONE scene or section

OR

Analyse one actor and how they developed their character throughout the whole play

So multiple actors in one scene or one actor in the whole play

Good ideas, thanks.
Reply 28
Original post by J.Gottlieb
Will the Section C design question always be to support the action? I can't think of anything else it could be.

Yes it mainly is everytime. Not entirely sure, but every exam and question I've done before has been to 'support the action'. Hope that helps :smile:

The specimen mock released by AQA earlier this year was on sound, which makes me wonder whether a lighting question is more likely to come up today.
Original post by judem101
Yes it mainly is everytime. Not entirely sure, but every exam and question I've done before has been to 'support the action'. Hope that helps :smile:

The specimen mock released by AQA earlier this year was on sound, which makes me wonder whether a lighting question is more likely to come up today.

beside design, will they also have acting as a question, or do you know that it will be design?
Reply 30
Original post by mamasaywhatnow
beside design, will they also have acting as a question, or do you know that it will be design?

For Section C of the paper, they always have an acting question, a set OR Costume question, and a Lighting OR Sound question. Sorry I couldn't reply in time, hope it went well! I wrote about lighting in my section C as I predicted earlier.
How did everyone find the exam?
what do u guys think the grade boundaries will be?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending