OCR H020 Biology A / H032 Chemistry A

Watch this thread
fastengines
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
These exams are AS.

I am a private candidate for both of these exams and am getting confused about the layout.

Will the first paper contain multiple choice questions or not? Has the layout changed?
Does anyone have access to the 2017 papers?

If anyone is doing these exams, how is revision going and what are you finding to be useful?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
lionike123
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
The First Paper Has mutiple Choice and short answer based questions. Second Paper Depth is normally more in detail questions no mutliple choice.
fastengines
Rep:
(Original post by lionike123)
The First Paper Has mutiple Choice and short answer based questions. Second Paper Depth is normally more in detail questions no mutliple choice.
Are you doing these papers? How's revision going?
lionike123
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
For Chemistry Revision is fine. Literally past papers old spec and new spec will prepare you. I made predictions on what might come up in one of my posts if you click my profile and check my posts you might see it. Biology im stressing. So much context. Biology Literally anything can come up.
fastengines
Rep:
For Chemistry Revision is fine. Literally past papers old spec and new spec will prepare you. I made predictions on what might come up in one of my posts if you click my profile and check my posts you might see it. Biology im stressing. So much context. Biology Literally anything can come up.
I reckon you're right about the topics because I haven't seen much coverage of them. Biology literally just has too much content, Chemistry is okay but I'm going to start past papers from tomorrow. Is there anything else you're doing?
I'm trying to get through some pieces of Biology done by tonight.
lionike123
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by fastengines)
I reckon you're right about the topics because I haven't seen much coverage of them. Biology literally just has too much content, Chemistry is okay but I'm going to start past papers from tomorrow. Is there anything else you're doing?
I'm trying to get through some pieces of Biology done by tonight.
No im focusing on maths till wednesday. I have my maths exam on wednesday. Then Thursday, Friday and Saturday I will focus on biology and chemisty doing past papers revising weakest topics. On sunday I will revise for my second maths exam. On next monday I will revise Maths in the Morning And Chemistry All afternoon. Then Tuesday I have my my chemistry Exam. Tuesday Afternoon I will need to revise Maths. Wednesday I have Maths. Wednesday Afternoon i have to revise biology for thursday. Thursday afternoon i have to revise Chemistry. So basically im stressed.
fastengines
Rep:
No im focusing on maths till wednesday. I have my maths exam on wednesday. Then Thursday, Friday and Saturday I will focus on biology and chemisty doing past papers revising weakest topics. On sunday I will revise for my second maths exam. On next monday I will revise Maths in the Morning And Chemistry All afternoon. Then Tuesday I have my my chemistry Exam. Tuesday Afternoon I will need to revise Maths. Wednesday I have Maths. Wednesday Afternoon i have to revise biology for thursday. Thursday afternoon i have to revise Chemistry. So basically im stressed.
Wow I feel for you, balancing those three together is going to be a challenge but I'm sure you'll make it work. Good luck for Maths!
I just have Biology and Chemistry to revise for but I still think all the revision in the world won't be enough.
lionike123
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by fastengines)
Wow I feel for you, balancing those three together is going to be a challenge but I'm sure you'll make it work. Good luck for Maths!
I just have Biology and Chemistry to revise for but I still think all the revision in the world won't be enough.
Have your school given you any resources for Biology or Chemistry.
fastengines
Rep:
Well no, I haven't gotten any past papers and my private teacher is saying he doesn't have access to them.
I'm just using the OCR book and guide they are helpful, so is physicsandmathstutor how about you?
fastengines
Rep:
Do you have the 2017 papers by any chance?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
17.24%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
10.34%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
13.79%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
10.34%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
24.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
24.14%

Watched Threads