Rim alex
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I basically did my GCSES year early with no choice and I had to start my A Levels a year early. I did not care throughout my GCSES and I didn't even know what A levels were, even at the end of GCSES. However, after I got my results, I didn't really know what to do in the future, and so essentially the sixth form picked me two btecs and one A level. However, with that one A Level, I realised that I have the ability to perform really well If I tried, I am currently getting Bs and As, and according to my GCSES I should be getting a D. The two btecs don’t interest me either, I realised I want to do something English/Law related, and these two btecs reflect a something business related which is not what I want to do.

So, if I continue on to Year 13, I will most likely regret it my whole life, so I realised that I should stay another year and get the best possible grades at the end. I am very passionate about heavy intellectual thinking and argumentation to the point it makes me smile during writing essays. So what I want to do is continue my current A Level in to Y13, and stay for 2 more years doing 3 A levels in Y12, so in other words, I will have 4 A Levels at the end of Sixth form, and I’ll stay for 3 years. So now there is no going back, and I believe this is the best possible outcome for me. However, this does leave a few questions.

I intend to do English literature, History, and physcology and continue Religious Studies/Philosophy in to A2/Y13. I meet the GCSE requirements for English and Sociology, however History, I do not and here is why.

As I explained, during my GCSES I did not really attempt due to certain circumstances occurring during my GCSES, and there were some subjects I did REALLY bad in, History was one of them. I went in the exam like a fool and got one C and one D, my coursework removed a percentage of that C and moved it to a D, so if I had attempted and tried during my GCSES, my coursework would give me the overall grade of a C with this current performance, however because I didn’t care it was a D.

So what my mind set is that, I must do History at all costs, it’s one of the more challenging subjects and it requires critical thinking, both attributes which I possess, the subject itself is also good for law as it focuses on many events in the past and how those events led to the present. My Sixth form states that English is a great subject for history as it has the skill of essay writing, and I do have both literature and language, on top of that I would have an A in A Level Religious Studies which also requires heavy essay writing, however my only issue is that D in GCSE history. My Sixth form has not stated a requirement for History, however most students studying it have done GCSE History, however, all students in my Religious Studies class have done Religious Studies GCSE and I haven’t and yet I am still performing well.

I know my foolish acts have led me to this moment; however I believe I can change if I get given the chance. So my question is, If I explain this situation to my Sixth Form, will this be a valid reason? There are many people who have re-done Y12 and done subjects in A2 or AS alongside each other. Will I be able to do A Level History and continue Religious studies? Thanks.
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (53)
60.92%
No (34)
39.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed