What do you British girls think of American accents? Watch

anonymous4445
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I'm from California and lately I've been real into British girls. The accent is turn on for sure. What do you think of the California accent however?
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by anonymous4445)
I'm from California and lately I've been real into British girls. The accent is turn on for sure. What do you think of the California accent however?
For some reason I love the Deep South accent, can't get enough of it!
Bham369
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
LOVE american accents! Seriously sexy...
cat_mac
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Most american accents are annoying to me. :dontknow:
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
-Eirlys-
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I really like a lot of American accents and they seem to like my Welsh one. :P
anonymous4445
Rep:
?
(Original post by hannxm)
I really like a lot of American accents and they seem to like my Welsh one. :P
Welsh? How's that sound exactly?
-Eirlys-
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Welsh? How's that sound exactly?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz8NHtcuLLw
caffron
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
"you British girls" lol
anonymous4445
Rep:
?
(Original post by caffron)
"you British girls" lol
Were you expecting me to say yall?
username3859374
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
They're ugly
anonymous4445
Rep:
?
(Original post by cat_mac)
Most american accents are annoying to me. :dontknow:
Shame cause you're cute. That's bit of a broad statement though, California accent sounds nothing like a Montana accent, which sounds nothing like a Bronx accent, which sounds nothing like a Texas accent. etc.
Cat476
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I like them as long as the person isn't really loud and obnoxious hahah
Anonymous #1
Report 10 months ago
I can't stand any American accent I'm afraid :/ I find them really irritating
PollyParrot23
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Shame cause you're cute. That's bit of a broad statement though, California accent sounds nothing like a Montana accent, which sounds nothing like a Bronx accent, which sounds nothing like a Texas accent. etc.
Bit ironic given how you've just claimed you find the 'British accent' a turn on....a Brummie accent sounds nothing like a Scouse accent which sounds nothing like a Cockney or Manc or Geordie or West Country accent etc
morc13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I am a male living in the UK with an american accent. It's not a very big deal from my experience. I have been told that it's hard to take me seriously with it, which I guess can be good or bad :')
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Just as broad as you saying the British accent.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ma_long
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
American accents sound nasally, but they are easy to understand. A midwest accent is most neutral and a california accent is probably the most nasally.
anonymous4445
Rep:
?
(Original post by PollyParrot23)
Bit ironic given how you've just claimed you find the 'British accent' a turn on....a Brummie accent sounds nothing like a Scouse accent which sounds nothing like a Cockney or Manc or Geordie or West Country accent etc
Not really, all Brit accents sound exotic and fairly similar to me since I rarely hear them outside of 007 films. I can only say i've been put off by the Cockney accent, so it's logical for me to say I find the British accent overall a turn on since in most cases it is. Britain is a much smaller denser continent than North America and lot more ethnically homogeneous. Can't find a video for a girl with a west country accent on YT, so no idea about that one, but the rest didn't bug me. of course, the individual's voice changes things up quite a bit.

I guess i'd only say cockney and women that sound like this would bug me, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZkzGvibNVo
anonymous4445
Rep:
?
(Original post by cuttingexplosion)
i hate u fat Americans even tho ur accent is really sexy it doesn't stop me from wanting to stab u all for voting remain:angelwings:
Lol, I'm thin. Lots of Californians are thin, probably because we have to show our skin with the constant heat. I support Brexxit actually and I don't see Americans could vote for your elections??? lol.
Doones
  • Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Not really, all Brit accents sound exotic and fairly similar to me since I rarely hear them outside of 007 films. I can only say i've been put off by the Cockney accent, so it's logical for me to say I find the British accent overall a turn on since in most cases it is. Britain is a much smaller denser continent than North America and lot more ethnically homogeneous. Can't find a video for a girl with a west country accent on YT, so no idea about that one, but the rest didn't bug me. of course, the individual's voice changes things up quite a bit.

I guess i'd only say cockney and women that sound like this would bug me, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZkzGvibNVo
Britain isn't a continent. And ethnicity =/= accent (e.g. there are plenty of ethnic Chinese in Belfast with broad Belfast accents).

Also the accents are very diverse across the British Isles. There's absolutely no such thing as a "British" accent.

http://anglotopia-wpengine.netdna-ss...ians-Imgur.png

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (14)
16.09%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (6)
6.9%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (16)
18.39%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (11)
12.64%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (11)
12.64%
How can I be the best version of myself? (29)
33.33%

Watched Threads