The Student Room Group

What do you British girls think of American accents?

I'm from California and lately I've been real into British girls. The accent is turn on for sure. What do you think of the California accent however?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by anonymous4445
I'm from California and lately I've been real into British girls. The accent is turn on for sure. What do you think of the California accent however?

For some reason I love the Deep South accent, can't get enough of it!
Reply 2

LOVE american accents! Seriously sexy...
Reply 3
Most american accents are annoying to me. :dontknow:
I really like a lot of American accents and they seem to like my Welsh one. :P
Original post by hannxm
I really like a lot of American accents and they seem to like my Welsh one. :P
Welsh? How's that sound exactly?
Welsh? How's that sound exactly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz8NHtcuLLw
Reply 7
"you British girls" lol
Original post by caffron
"you British girls" lol

Were you expecting me to say yall?
They're ugly
Original post by cat_mac

Shame cause you're cute. That's bit of a broad statement though, California accent sounds nothing like a Montana accent, which sounds nothing like a Bronx accent, which sounds nothing like a Texas accent. etc.
I can't stand any American accent I'm afraid :/ I find them really irritating
Shame cause you're cute. That's bit of a broad statement though, California accent sounds nothing like a Montana accent, which sounds nothing like a Bronx accent, which sounds nothing like a Texas accent. etc.

Bit ironic given how you've just claimed you find the 'British accent' a turn on....a Brummie accent sounds nothing like a Scouse accent which sounds nothing like a Cockney or Manc or Geordie or West Country accent etc
Reply 13
I am a male living in the UK with an american accent. It's not a very big deal from my experience. I have been told that it's hard to take me seriously with it, which I guess can be good or bad :')

Just as broad as you saying the British accent.
American accents sound nasally, but they are easy to understand. A midwest accent is most neutral and a california accent is probably the most nasally.
Original post by PollyParrot23
Bit ironic given how you've just claimed you find the 'British accent' a turn on....a Brummie accent sounds nothing like a Scouse accent which sounds nothing like a Cockney or Manc or Geordie or West Country accent etc

Not really, all Brit accents sound exotic and fairly similar to me since I rarely hear them outside of 007 films. I can only say i've been put off by the Cockney accent, so it's logical for me to say I find the British accent overall a turn on since in most cases it is. Britain is a much smaller denser continent than North America and lot more ethnically homogeneous. Can't find a video for a girl with a west country accent on YT, so no idea about that one, but the rest didn't bug me. of course, the individual's voice changes things up quite a bit.

I guess i'd only say cockney and women that sound like this would bug me, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZkzGvibNVo
Original post by cuttingexplosion
i hate u fat Americans even tho ur accent is really sexy it doesn't stop me from wanting to stab u all for voting remain:angelwings:

Lol, I'm thin. Lots of Californians are thin, probably because we have to show our skin with the constant heat. I support Brexxit actually and I don't see Americans could vote for your elections??? lol.
Reply 18
Not really, all Brit accents sound exotic and fairly similar to me since I rarely hear them outside of 007 films. I can only say i've been put off by the Cockney accent, so it's logical for me to say I find the British accent overall a turn on since in most cases it is. Britain is a much smaller denser continent than North America and lot more ethnically homogeneous. Can't find a video for a girl with a west country accent on YT, so no idea about that one, but the rest didn't bug me. of course, the individual's voice changes things up quite a bit.

I guess i'd only say cockney and women that sound like this would bug me, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZkzGvibNVo

Britain isn't a continent. And ethnicity =/= accent (e.g. there are plenty of ethnic Chinese in Belfast with broad Belfast accents).

Also the accents are very diverse across the British Isles. There's absolutely no such thing as a "British" accent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by cat_mac

Likewise.

Quick Reply

Latest