I think my front tooth is going to fall out ! YIKES :(

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys,

So I noted that when I eat one of my top front teeth (adult) has this slight sensation (only slightly painful), as though it will be ready to fall out at some point.

My gums have receded quite severely, but this has been the case for many years. The tooth does not exactly feel wobbly, but when I applied some slight pressure to it with my tongue it did move slightly!

I tried taking a look behind my teeth and I think I did see some slight redness or inflammation of my gums. I have cut down on sugar quite a bit recently, but admittedly while I brush well in the evenings... in the mornings I've recently started skipping brushing my teeth all together

I already lost a molar last year, but a front tooth would seriously ruin my life!!

Please could anyone give me suggestions on what to do or what may be happening. Of course I should see a dentist, but I can't right now and it will be a while till I can see one

Thanks.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well firstly I don't understand how anyone can go out without brushing their teeth in the morning. You can really tell when other people haven't brushed you know, even if you might not be able to smell your own breath.

And I know you said you can't see a dentist, but that's all that's realistically going to help. Get an appointment booked ASAP and in the meantime try to avoid any foods that are hard to eat or chewy to avoid putting any extra pressure on the tooth.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
Well firstly I don't understand how anyone can go out without brushing their teeth in the morning. You can really tell when other people haven't brushed you know, even if you might not be able to smell your own breath.

And I know you said you can't see a dentist, but that's all that's realistically going to help. Get an appointment booked ASAP and in the meantime try to avoid any foods that are hard to eat or chewy to avoid putting any extra pressure on the tooth.
I just observe my teeth in the morning and often they look ok I do chew gum throughout the day.

And thanks I'll try getting a check up soon, but might have to wait till the end of this month. I'll just eat soft food till then.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (611)
33.79%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (758)
41.92%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (359)
19.86%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.42%

Watched Threads