Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Rankings

Is KCL's ranking reflective?
Reply 1
Original post by LewP17
Is KCL's ranking reflective?

I have been looking to apply and have booked an open day. However, the university seems to have a good reputation but a very poor rank on the tables. I was just wondering if King's is a highly regarded university, and why it's rank is so poor.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by LewP17
I have been looking to apply and have booked an open day. However, the university seems to have a good reputation but a very poor rank on the tables. I was just wondering if King's is a highly regarded university, and why it's rank is so poor.

King’s ranks in the 50 better positions in all four reputable worldwide rankings: US Global, Shangai Ranking, QS and THE.

There’re only 4 other British unis that get the same: Oxford, Cambridge, UCL and Imperial.

Only local U.K’s rankings put King’s out of British top 10 best unis. Many things are said about that, but nobody can explain how Guardian dare way too underrate King’s (It’s out even of the top 40 in Guardian).

Be that as it may, King’s tops among the 25 best unis in QS worldwide ranking, 5th better in the U.K.!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Leeholl
King’s ranks in the 50 better positions in all four reputable worldwide rankings: US Global, Shangai Ranking, QS and THE.

There’re only 4 other British unis that get the same: Oxford, Cambridge, UCL and Imperial.

Only local U.K’s rankings put King’s out of British unis top 10 best . Many things are said about that, but nobody can explain how Guardian dare way too underrate King’s (It’s out even of the top 40 in Guardian).

Be that as it may, King’s tops among the 25 best unis in QS worldwide ranking, 5th better in the U.K.!

I’m pretty sure the world ranking only ranks by reputation and not anything else. Local is more about teaching, graduates and satisfaction.
Reply 4
Original post by ProRoadman
I’m pretty sure the world ranking only ranks by reputation and not anything else. Local is more about teaching, graduates and satisfaction.

No international employer on the earth cares about U.K. local rankings, most pay attention only for QS and THE. However, Asian employers tend to prefer Shanghai tables.

Be that as it may, no reputable employer even in the U.K. would believe in Guardian tables over QS and THE, this’s a fact!
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest