The Student Room Group

Business CIE AS 9609/13 May June 2018

How did you guys find the paper?
Relatively easy I thought

I re-sat this one, yesterday I was doing some past papers and at least 2 of the definitions were in past papers of 2016 and 2017

Last year I had a B for the case study paper and a U on this paper but this one went incredibly well.

I got every definition right IIRC and the examples they asked for. I answered question 5 for the essay (price discrimination and the product portfolio car manufacturer question)

I felt that for the product portfolio question there wasn't much to talk about though. I defined product portfolio, mentioned portfolio analysis and defined it, mentioned the advantage which is that it offers consumers a wider choice of goods, the disadvantage that the business can overstretch their resources and end up not doing anything particularly well but that was it. I didn't know what else to say, felt like I missed at least 1 more adv and disadv to get close to the 12 marks

but oh well....

how was yours?
Original post by carlosribeiro
Relatively easy I thought

I felt that for the product portfolio question there wasn't much to talk about though. I defined product portfolio, mentioned portfolio analysis and defined it, mentioned the advantage which is that it offers consumers a wider choice of goods, the disadvantage that the business can overstretch their resources and end up not doing anything particularly well but that was it. I didn't know what else to say, felt like I missed at least 1 more adv and disadv to get close to the 12 marks

how was yours?

I did the same one here!! It was hard but I got incredibly lucky as I had done a really similar ones just a few days before!!
Reply 3
I had p1 on 8th of may it was alright but I didn't finish in time

I have p2 tomorrow, so are guys taking a different variant mine is v2 for both??
Original post by EEMq

I have p2 tomorrow, so are guys taking a different variant mine is v2 for both??

I also have it tomorrow, and it clashes with my physics exam :P (tough day tomorrow)
Original post by EEMq

how did it go?

I ran a little out of time towards the end in my last essay.

I don't think I did well in the batch production essay but other than that I got the calculations right and the definitions right as well

Went pretty well
Reply 6
Original post by carlosribeiro
how did it go?

I ran a little out of time towards the end in my last essay.

I don't think I did well in the batch production essay but other than that I got the calculations right and the definitions right as well

Went pretty well

I believed it went pretty well too, compared to my p1 where I also ran out of time for my equality and diversity essay. for the batch production one, I didn't find many points so I literally wrote "less expensive to purchase equipment than flow production" in the last 3 mins :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by JackusGomux
I also have it tomorrow, and it clashes with my physics exam :P (tough day tomorrow)

how were, your p1 and your physics exam?
Original post by EEMq
how were, your p1 and your physics exam?

They went very well! Much better than I expected. Thanks for asking :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest